Reply To: seat unit metal brackets + infos

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum seat unit metal brackets + infos Reply To: seat unit metal brackets + infos

TonyB

Hi Steve,
this is my idea/tghoughts
Comments please>>>>>>>

Ok .. the challenge !
I need to fit the seat /side panel unit from my Harris replicxa CB1100R to my CB1100FD Bol dOr.
I/we have sorted the Tank
in order to fit the Seat/side oanel unit we /I need 3 brackets making either side like the ones attached in the pictures below.
My idea was to fabricate 4 of he brackets as shown ( LHS & RHS) BUT where the upper & lower arms of the bracket are welded to the frame on a CB1100R…. for the purposes of fitting the brackets to the CB1100FD frame the upper & lower arms of the bracket have a semi circular piece of tube welded to the upper & lower arms, the profile of the semi circular piece will be slightly greater in diameter than the frame tube that it will attached to.
The frame brackets will then have a semi circular piece of rubber inserted around the back of them which is liuke a spacer than will fit around the original frame tube.
The bracket will be held in place by two stainless steel jubilee clips per bracket.
so that there will be no welding to the frame.
The two brackets at the rear of the frame are easy to make ( I think for you.. but not for me !!!!)
Well that is the challenge!
What do you think?
Cheers
Tony