Fairing bolts

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Fairing bolts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Nat_P

Hi Trev,

You may well have to speak to him. He has been dissapointingly slow to be honest. Lets see if he gets in touch before then.
    I just hope the bolts that were lent hasn’t stopped you using your bike.

Regards,

Nat.

Nat_P

Hi,

Well I have called him again , and again. I have received no reply despite being told that he is working on it. Personally I am fed up and am minded to say just forget it, & please send the bolts back & I will look for someone else to do the work. Whatever the issue , a phone call is all thats required and he hasn’t called me once.
    Trev, i know you said he attends stafford, & I don’t know if anyone on here knows Phil, but I will say its up to you if you want to speak to him if you see him there, but as I have said, I think he has given me poor service, in fact he hasn’t given me any service.

Let me have your thoughts, as I am quite happy to pull the plug and start again elsewhere.

Regards,

Nat.

Nat_P

Hi,

Last chance. Spoke to him again this morning. I am assured I will get an answer today.
    If it doesnt happen i am pulling the plug on it and will start again elsewhere.

Regards,

Nat.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wondering if anyone spoke to him at the Classic Bike Mechanics Show last weekend at Stafford ?

SteveB

Here is a company that supplies fairing bolts, maybe they have one on the shelf that will do for our seats ?
    Unfortunatley I dont have the original one to measure / compare with his stock parts.

http://www.fairingbolt.com/b/1685125031

Nat_P

Hi Steve,

I am aware of that company. Its the first place I tried and despite e-mailing them twice I never got a reply.
    Seems to me that companies these days just dont want the business………………I am astounded by the attitudes.
    I am e-mailing phil this morning asking him to return the bolts so that I can return them to Trev. Its a very poor attitude by all these businesses and I won’t be using them again, nor shall I recommend them.

Sorry,

Regards,

Nat.

Nat_P

HI,

Right, we have had a reply………………..

Bolts will work out at aprox £4 each. Thats £40 for a complete set.
    Phil said he will send me the drawings and exact prices today, but I have just come off the phone to him and he said the above.
    So that I can crack on with this, can I confirm who wants a set please.

So far I have :

STANDARD REPLICA BOLT

Me
    Trev H
    Stephen S
    David B X2
    Daniel B
    Wim R
    Wout V
    Steve B
    Andy L
    Terry C

Thats a total of 11 sets ( 10 bolts per set for RC/RD )

I may have an extra set or 2 made to keep as stock.

I have no idea of time scale or when they will be done but I will asl Phil to do them asap.

Regards,

Nat.

SteveB

Nat
    good work, i only want 6 bolts for my seat / tailpiece. I hope that will be do-able.
    hopefully you could keep the spare ones for your stock ?
    thanks
    steveb

DavidB

I am good with tweo sets

tell me where and when to send money

David B

Nat_P

Hi,

Right I’ve had final confirmation from Phil.
    Its £4 per bolt or £40 per complete set + VAT……………..so a Complete set is £48.00 ( or £4.80 per bolt)

Please let me know by the end of this week, so I can give him the go ahoead with the order.
    I will pay for them all, and take delivery, then will re-distribute from there.
    I don’t have a time scale from Phil, guess he will tell me how long it will take depending on the order size.

Regards,

Nat.

AndyL

2 x full sets for me please for the RC if that works for your figures

Andy

Nat_P

Hi,

The list so far,

STANDARD REPLICA BOLT

Me
    Trev H
    Stephen S
    David B X2 ( 2 sets )
    Daniel B
    Wim R
    Wout V
    Steve B
    Andy L X2 (2 sets )
    Terry C

Thats a total of 12 sets ( 10 bolts per set for RC/RD )

I may have an extra set or 2 made to keep as stock.

Any more for any more ?

Regards
    Nat.

Nat_P

Hi,

Latest update. 12 sets of bolts ordered. Delivery estimated at 3-4 weeks.

I will sort payment out and will be back in touch when they arrive and can sort out posting/postage then.

Regards,

Nat.

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi – finally got around to getting a picture of the seat fairing bolts I had made a while back that really take the worry about damaging paintwork with a slipping monster screw driver (Allen key head) – I still have a few sets left if anyone is interested – £2 each or 6 for a tenner (£10). Postage will be at cost plus the jiffy bag.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]924[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]926[/ATTACH]

Cheers.. Glenn

Nat_P

Bolts imminent……………..they are made and being posted.

Soon , very very soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.