rear mudguard and light wanted

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum rear mudguard and light wanted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    PaulA

Anyone have one of the shorter rear mudguards available and rear lens with built in reflector-maybe European or US spec

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@PaulA 2448 wrote:

Anyone have one of the shorter rear mudguards available and rear lens with built in reflector-maybe European or US spec

Hi Paul

Which rear light lens are you looking for. There are some with reflectors on each side and others with reflectors on each side and one in the middle rear.

Trev

PaulA

thanks for the reply Trev,this is further to our onversation at Stafford ref the naked RB so as using the shorter rear guard would lose the reflector I guess I would be looking at a lens with a reflector on the rear ?

AndyL

Alright “Foggie”?

There’s normally loads of ‘shortie’ 750/900/1100F ones on US eBay – but I’m sure you must have checked there already?

I normally get mine that way – last bought one about a month ago.

Sorry if you’ve already gone down that route

A

😮

AndyL
    PaulA

glory be and save us Andy you say you have bought some of these from the US is that the going rate

Steve Doyle
    Keymaster

Postage from the States are always high. Plus don’t forget the VAT to be paid on the declared value!

AndyL

@PaulA 2454 wrote:

glory be and save us Andy you say you have bought some of these from the US is that the going rate

Its a little bit more than what I normally get them for mate… and as Steve says, postage is tough from America unless you go through one of the fellas on 1100F.net and see if they can do anything about the postage?? Plus the shitty VAT too. Makes you think there must be a cheaper way but I haven’t found one yet.

Thinking about it, you could try South African and Aussie eBays and Gumtrees as theirs were shorties as standard weren’t they?

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Paul

Another option may be if we can find someone with a very good original. I know a plastic injection guy who makes very good replica 900/750 panels. He is trying to replicate our RC/RD toolbox, so far his work would be difficult to tell from original except he can not reproduce the hinge. Since the rear mudguard is a simple panel I don’t think he would have any problems. You would still need to find the registration plate bracket but it would be considerably cheaper than getting one from the USA.

Trev

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Paul
    Here’s an Australian rear light lens. They don’t come up that often.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130515806933?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2106wt_904

Trev

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.