Switzerland 2012 International Meeting

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Switzerland 2012 International Meeting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    GrahamR

Hi Andy,
    If you can’t find an R, at least borrow a Honda! :)

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I have just been told that Robert Schläfli is planning to attend the International Meeting in June. Robert Schläfli was the 1982 Swiss champion riding an RB and a good friend of Joey Dunlop.

Andy if you want to borrow torquey and less revvy Honda, you are very welcome to my XL185, it has a 200 engine fitted and will climb hills better than a Mountain Goat, however 50mph flat out you better leave now.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Just received my Euro registration plate ready for the trip.:cool:

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

What’s that all about Trevor? Do we need a special plate for Switzerland then..? If so then I haven’t got one..?

Cheers.. Glenn

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Glenn
    I’m not sure on the regulations and laws but it is advised to have the GB sign on rear of the bike. In a modern world you can have a registration plate with the GB sign on, therefore no need for the sticker on the bike.

PeteLC

Don’t know if this has been sorted already but if not maybe ask Anette if you require the “permit sticker” so you can use the motorways. I had to purchase one every year I passed through Switzerland whether I was there for a few days or a few hours. They were purchased at the point of entry into the country (customs).
    There was no options of not buying it as the bloke who always told us to carried a big gun!!!

I am sure you will have a great tip and I am well psd off that I won’t be there.!!!!!
    Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Have a Fendant on me.

Pete

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Pete

Thanks for the heads up, however I have been told by Anette that you only need to pay the permit if you are driving on the motorway. This payment is required for every vehicle where a car and trailer is counted as 2 vehicles. Our plan is to leave the car and trailer in France and ride the bikes non-motorway to the event. I have been informed the ride out on Saturday 9th June does not use the motorway so again no payment required.

We will see how we get on.

Trev

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.