Reply To: Hi to all – from a new CBR1100R owner and member.

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Hi to all – from a new CBR1100R owner and member. Reply To: Hi to all – from a new CBR1100R owner and member.

PhilipC

Hi – I thought you may be interested to hear that that I have started the project. The trike is stripped and parts are away being blasted and painted. I bought another hybrid CB1100R for parts – not as mad as it seem as it has an 1100F engine and CB900FB front end and was priced accordingly. I have also managed to source correct RB wheels, front mudguard and GRP copy of an RB seat – both the trike and the donor bike had RC seats. The Dunlop bike will have CB900FB front end until I can locate original – but do’t tell anybody! I am going to have an interesting pile of bits left over – RB frame, tank, etc., RC seat and wheels, 1100F engine .. so I am planning a pseudo unfaired Gardner replica, perhaps for the track! I know its ambitious but if anyone has correct CB1100RB front end parts, you would make a friend and some money! Oh, and I am confused about the differences between CB900F forks, callipers and discs? Is it just the bigger diameter discs and the different calliper brackets to suit? Or are there more differences?