Hi to all – from a new CBR1100R owner and member.

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Hi to all – from a new CBR1100R owner and member.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    PhilipC

May I say hi to all members and introduce my self and my new “bike”? I have been a life-long fan of all things Honda, especially Honda race bikes from the 70s and 80s. I own a TTF1 Dresda Gold Wing (honestly!), a part-built CR750 replica and now a CB1100RB trike thing which is called “Eric” (honestly!!). I have other more normal bikes but it is the acquisition of “Eric” that brings me to your forum. Some may know the story of the trike as it featured in at least one magazine in the 1980s. You may not be aware of the fact that “Eric” was almost certainly the late Joey Dunlop’s CB1100RB that he raced in the MCN Shell Oils Streetbike series in 1981. I intend to put it back on the track where it belongs. I’m going to need lots of advice and quite a few parts, however, and hope I can interest some of you in this exciting project.

GrahamR

Hi Phillip, I would like to see some pictures before you return the trike to two wheels please.

PhilipC

I have many photos but here are some.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]361[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]362[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]363[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

There’s a full page picture and a write up on how this trike came to be in this week’s 10/10/2112 MCN.

Nat_P

Hi,

Wellcome and good luck. Looks to me like you are going to be very busy .Some of the missing parts are as rare as hens teeth, although I am sure someone has a large stash somwhere, its just going to come down to how good you are at persuading people to part with them.
    Each to their own, but I have to ask myself why oh why would you do that to a CB1100R ???

Regards,

Nat

PhilipC

Hi – I thought you may be interested to hear that that I have started the project. The trike is stripped and parts are away being blasted and painted. I bought another hybrid CB1100R for parts – not as mad as it seem as it has an 1100F engine and CB900FB front end and was priced accordingly. I have also managed to source correct RB wheels, front mudguard and GRP copy of an RB seat – both the trike and the donor bike had RC seats. The Dunlop bike will have CB900FB front end until I can locate original – but do’t tell anybody! I am going to have an interesting pile of bits left over – RB frame, tank, etc., RC seat and wheels, 1100F engine .. so I am planning a pseudo unfaired Gardner replica, perhaps for the track! I know its ambitious but if anyone has correct CB1100RB front end parts, you would make a friend and some money! Oh, and I am confused about the differences between CB900F forks, callipers and discs? Is it just the bigger diameter discs and the different calliper brackets to suit? Or are there more differences?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@PhilipC 1660 wrote:

Hi – I thought you may be interested to hear that that I have started the project. The trike is stripped and parts are away being blasted and painted. I bought another hybrid CB1100R for parts – not as mad as it seem as it has an 1100F engine and CB900FB front end and was priced accordingly. I have also managed to source correct RB wheels, front mudguard and GRP copy of an RB seat – both the trike and the donor bike had RC seats. The Dunlop bike will have CB900FB front end until I can locate original – but do’t tell anybody! I am going to have an interesting pile of bits left over – RB frame, tank, etc., RC seat and wheels, 1100F engine .. so I am planning a pseudo unfaired Gardner replica, perhaps for the track! I know its ambitious but if anyone has correct CB1100RB front end parts, you would make a friend and some money! Oh, and I am confused about the differences between CB900F forks, callipers and discs? Is it just the bigger diameter discs and the different calliper brackets to suit? Or are there more differences?

good luck with your projects dude…the discs are bigger with a different offset..also the forks have an odd size stantion thickness…externally they’re 37mm…i had to have mine straghtend…and one option i was given by ABE was to have new ones made…they stock fork tune in lengths ready to make new ones….they called me to say it was an odd size,and they would need to get tube in special…£££££££ they managed to fix mine…:)i’d keep the the ones you have….:)then again…if you have deep enough pockets anything is possible.

SteveB

Philip
    this is a very interesting story ,we need more pictures of both bikes as you go along.
    thanks
    steve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.