1100r racing in practical sportsbikes championship

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum 1100r racing in practical sportsbikes championship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SteveB

i have just got Junes magazine ,I see Ian Martin is running 4th in the unlimited class.
    is Ian a member ?
    i think the next round is at Mallory park on sat 30th June ?

steve

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I met Ian at “Mallory 1000 Bikes” a few years back. At that time he was racing the old (1982) Team Bike CB1000R with Howard Lees Racing. http://www.howardleesracing.co.uk Ian was looking for a CB1100R to make a replica using modern suspension and better brakes so he would be more competitive. It would also preserve the value of the original bike.

Trev

Ian_M

[ATTACH=CONFIG]874[/ATTACH]Hi Everyone, I am now a member and would like to say I am racing at Donington on 11th and 12th August and would like to meet anyone who can make it

SteveB

Ian,
    welcome to this OC. I would like to hear about your results and your bike, is it standard . What tyres you use etc
    Would love to watch ,not sure if i can make it this weekend though, what are fixtures for rest of season ?
    thanks steveb

Ian_M

Hi Steve,
    the bike is completely standard it even has original exhausts but with pattern silencers and I use Avon race tyres

I bought it in Holland specifically to campaign the production class but only managed the first meeting at Pembrey, I have entered the last three rounds Donington this weekend, Snetterton Sept 15th 16th and October 13th 14th

I will update with results etc

Hope to see you soon

Ian

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ian,
    Great to hear there’s a truly “active” member getting these old bikes doing what they do best. Do you know what time you’re on the track on Saturday?

Ian_M

Practice mid morning and race mid afternoon Saturday

Two races on Sunday late morning and last race of the day

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ian .. great work on the racing .. : ) .. almost tempted to have a go myself .. how tight are the regs

SteveB

@Ian_M 1205 wrote:

Practice mid morning and race mid afternoon Saturday
    Two races on Sunday late morning and last race of the day

Ian
    how did you go on ?
    steve

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Bugger -only just seen this Ian – I’d have tried to get over if I’d known yoiu were there racing – what are the remaining fixtures Ian?

Ian_M

Hi All, got a couple of sixth places at Donington, the bike was great but I was a bit rusty and off on a family holiday two days later so didn’t want to push it

Not sure if I’ll be out again this season but I’ll let you know, I might be up for racing at the Manx in 2014 though

Cheers

Ian

Ian_M

kraner curves [ATTACH=CONFIG]901[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Love it Ian. Keep her out there man.

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Great shot Ian.. Will try and catch up with you on the phone soon – Are there any more fixtures that you are racing in..?

Ian_M

Looks like I will be racing at Silverstone October 13th and 14th, two races Saturday and one longer on Sunday.

I’ll also be out on my RD500lc in the post classic 750 class

Would like to see any members who can make it and may be able to get hold of a few tickets if you let me know in advance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.