AUSTRALIA – Phillip Island Classic event

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum AUSTRALIA – Phillip Island Classic event

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Any of our Aussie members heading over to Philllip Island on the Australia Day long weekend this month?

’bout time the UK boys wrestled that International Challenge trophy away from the Aussie team this year!!
    :cool::cool:

Peter Hunt
    Participant

I’ll be there steve. …..and good luck with your wish haha.
    (Just spectating).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes be nice to see the Brits win, you never know with Racing

Here is a link to the lineup
    http://www.mcnews.com.au/island-classic-international-team-line-ups/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like Peter Mizzi is the man to cheer for. Certainly riding the “ultimate air cooled four” makes him my favourite. I wonder how competitive his bike is.
    Seems like the Honda fours have always struggled against the likes of the Katanas and big K’s.
    Maybe the worm is turning now with the availability of high quality and proven performance parts and modifications developed by Brett Hyde and Vince Sharp with the awesome Vince & Hyde CB900 based race bike in New Zealand. The development of this machine and the knowledge that these guys have passed on via the CB1100F site has kept me enthralled.
    A newly developed cylinder head has now pushed their Honda four into a Katana killer. It is probably now the new “ultimate air cooled four”.

Peter Hunt
    Participant

You really have to be in awe of the power and speed that some of the old clunkers now produce…raced a 750/4 back in the day and just watch gobsmacked at these top guys making them faster than they really have a right to be.
    This event, in my opinion, is the best on offer….so friendly, happy, nostalgic and with full access to the pit boxes and teams. No room for egos or tantrums, just get out there and give it your best shot and come back in and have a laugh….gotta love that.
    Good luck to all the riders….and may the best team win….which it will of course…:cool:

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Well……well done to the poms :D
    Such a great event, congrats to all competitors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Peter,

Bit late catching up on here… yes! Well done the POMS indeed ! ;) How did Peter Mizzi go on his beast we wonder ?

Peter Hunt
    Participant
    JohnS

Looks like Peter Mizzi did well on the CB1100RC…posted a top speed of 247km/h. That is amazing!

But appears he had bike trouble on Saturday, but came back on Sunday and posted laps with top speed around the 236km/h mark. Leaders were posting around the 270km/h mark.

Well done Peter.

JohnS

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it his own bike or one put together by the Rex Wolfenden setup under theT-Rex Banner?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.