Barn find RC

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Barn find RC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JohnS

Pure luck yesterday, a guy I was speaking to mentioned he had a CB1100RC above his workshop that was collecting dust and was considering selling. Even though he was 1300klm away, I booked a flight to see the bike the very next day (today).
    He also had a CB1100F that was road registered (HRC11 registration plates) in excellent condition.
    On arrival, he told me the CB1100RC was a Honda Matich Team bike in 1982, and after consideration was a little reluctant to sell individually. After much negotiation I managed a package deal for both bikes for a very reasonable price.
    the RC has 28000klm on the clock, still with Rothmans sponsor decals and owners manual. needs a good tidy up though.
    Was very tempted to ride the CB1100F home to QLD.
    JohnS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1646[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1647[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1648[/ATTACH]

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Unbelievable….congrats John! ! How lucky are you! Mmm 1300kms….don’t tell me they were on my doorstep? ?

JohnS

Probably half way between us Peter.
    I got both of them for $1000 more than what he was originally asking for the RC over the phone, so the 1100F was virtually free.

Hope you’ve started packing already for the big trip….I will be watching it on TV.

JohnS

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Wow, you done good!

Yes, getting there….very excited, can’t wait.
    Cheers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

John,
    That does look like a great find!
    You keep talking to people, and it can be amazing what surfaces!
    You won the lottery there.
    Brett P

Anonymous
    Inactive

Enjoy the refurbishment John. Good find.

GregM

Well done mate agree you won big time good luck

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Great find John and HRC reg plate on an F. Something you don’t find every day.

JohnS

Yes Trevor, that plate didnt look right. It was destined for the RC when he had time to tidy it up and register it. Thats why he was reluctant to sell separately. If they were sold separately that plate would never end up on an R.

Getting them both delivered to Qld wed week. ;)

JohnS

JohnS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1654[/ATTACH]

Both 1100RC and 1100F delivered today.

JohnS

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

John
    The collection is growing RD, RC and F. Looks good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.