Brake pads?

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Brake pads?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GrahamR

Hi All,

Time for new front pads to go with the rebuilt calipers and master cylinder. Opinions please on sintered V organic.

I know sintered will score the disc but mine are in very good condition and as I do not do lots of miles this will not be a problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have EBC pads in both the RB and the RC Graham. Work really well indeed. FA69 HH are the ones to go for.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got ebc hh in mine .. only did about 3000 miles on her last year .. but most of them were brisk and some were hard miles.. lol .. there work well on the road .. no noticeable disc wear .. I’d look for carbone pads .. not sure if they do them for our bikes .. but much nicer pad than ebc

GrahamR

Thanks for the replies Andy and Carl. As I already have a new set of the EBC HH pads that came with another pair of calipers, decision made.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I run stock Honda pads. Not too expensive as long as you order them as a set. Have to look up the part number. If you order them through the 1100R parts book you get them per pad and they’re bloody expensive. However as a set they’re cheaper. And as it are OEM parts they’re the best for the discs, some aftermarket brake pads tend to cause warped discs. Stopping power is also good.

GrahamR

Thank you for that Andre. As I was using Honda pads I will try them for a few miles first in the rebuilt brakes.

AndyL

Scuse the thick arse question but how can you tell the difference between the two, visually and tactilely wise I mean?

Anonymous
    Inactive

sintered have a very metallic look….you can see the shiney metal bits in them…..regular/organic pads have a more fibreous(sp) look too them…..:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.