cartridge emulators

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum cartridge emulators

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone used these ? .I find mixed reports

Anonymous
    Inactive

Educate me Carl. What are cartridge emulators?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You pop them in your forks . Either on top or under the damper rod … And they act more like cartridge forks … Ours are quite basic .. specially rb .. they do require some setting up when the emulators are fitted .. oil level and viscosity .. could make a cheap option for a fork upgrade rather than retro fitting another set which would need yokes,boring and spacers… Etc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, ok.
    I have no experience of these gadgets though. I fitted progressive springs to my RC and they have a decent feel at the front. On my RB I had Maxton work their magic on the forks and the front end is absolutely superb.On the track they perform superbly, never bottoming out even under the hardest braking and always giving feel and feedback. They are matched to my weight and backed up by a set of Maxton’s own custom made rear shocks that are again just superb. A dearer option but highly recommended.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have progressive springs …but i’m guessing they’re stock…which does surprise me alittle as it’s a race bike and they’re usually use for custom/cruisers…just found a good article on forks and emulators….http://www.fjmods.btinternet.co.uk/emulators.htm….

AndyL

Carl,

Did you ever do any more about installing cartridge emulators?

Been giving this some serious consideration and would be nice for some personal feedback

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t use them in the end Andy . . I changed the forks entirely . .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.