CB Exhaust

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum CB Exhaust

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GregM

Hi all

looking for some advice here i have my CB1100Rc exhaust showing signs of rust has any one had repairs done or know how toy replace or fix the issue

BrianC
    Participant

Hi Greg, Some years back for mine, Chris Lineham in Melbourne rebuild my D exhausts. I haven’t contacted him for a while now, so not sure if he still does this stuff or not. he had all the jigs to set them up. Mine fitted perfectly after they were totally rebuilt and are still going strong. Try pinging an email to him and see what you get. fuzor9@yahoo.com.au

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Greg
    I have just been through the same scenario, I put my exhausts in for shot blasting which showed what a poor state the rear silencers were in. I had the rear silencers cut off to enable repairs inside with the intention of getting them re welded on however I saw the great silencers that Exhaust technology BV in Holland made so I had the down pipes blasted and ceramic coated and with the new rear slincers attached to a short section welded onto the original pipes I have a great exhaust system.
    Check out the thread “rotted exhausts” for more info.

The first two pics are of my down pipes ceramic coated and the other two pics were sent by KeithG which show the rear silencers.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1919[/ATTACH]

GregM

Thanks Brian I have managed to reach him down

GregM

Hi Ian

Are you Newcastle Australia?

I looked up the company but could not find a listing for the silencers do you have part numbers or more info on how i can get these

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Greg
    Unfortunately its Newcastle United Kingdom although I am occasionally at my daughters in Nowra NSW.
    I contacted the company direct and they were listed as you would expect as CB1100r exhaust set and were 650 euros

Good luck, let me know if you want more photos of them fitted.
    cheers
    Ian

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi all, there is also the O&S aircraft grade stainless steel system that comes with a 10 year warranty.. They’re a good replica and the base price is £850. Coating you arrange yourself. Nearly all the last batch that were made went to Australia..😉

GregM

Hi Glenn how do I get hold of a contact or where I can purchase these

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

That’s why I always wind being involved Greg. The guy is a one man band who I have worked with for 20 years to get these to the quality they are now.
    He doesn’t do email, costing or postage so I end up being the middle man to organise that. PM me your email and I’ll send you the details. As a postscript I had these systems dyno’d against the originals and they are more efficient, and lighter as well 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.