CB1100R Tyres

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum CB1100R Tyres

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Not actually sure why I’m posting this as I’m now buying a new rear 130/80 x 18 Avon Road Rider AM26 Rear for my RB – ran out of MOT and need a quick replacement. It will be paired with the existing Pirelli Sports Demon I have fitted.

I was actually quite happy with my regular Pirelli set up but have not been able to obtain a replacement quickly enough hence the Avon.

What preferences/experiences have other members had..?

Cheers.. Glenn

GrahamR

Hi Glenn,

6 thousand happy miles on Bridestone BT45’s. Practical Sportsbike magazine fit the Avons to bikes they borrow for articles and have nothing but praise for them.

Cheers

Graham.

Anonymous
    Inactive

BT45s on the RC. Love them.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

BT45’s for me too. When we visited SPA I was very surprised to see how popular they were on the classic race bikes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

have bt45s on mine….i quite liked them…but will be going for road riders in the summer…if it happens…:D

AndyL

Pirelli Sport Demons for me… no probs and perfectly happy

DavidB

I had my rear wheel widened by Kosman in California

I know run a 110/80-18 and 150/70-18 Avon Storm IIs

Uogarding to radials but keeping the same 18 diameter is something I do to all my old bikes. Really makes them more stable and more responsive

DickH

I can’t believe the variety of tyres….. I have Michelin Macadam 50’s – 110/80 and 130/80 radials and I love them.
    And, knowing me, they have been on the bike for quite a while……
    DickH

Peter Hunt
    Participant

I had continentals on mine which had no wear when I bought the bike but had been on for many years. I persevered with them whilst I was running the engine in and tinkering, but they were a bit dangerous and uninspiring (the front especially), but have just replaced them with the BT45’s and even just in the short trip home from the shop I can feel the difference….will be keen to give it a good ride and see how they go over time.
    I run K81’s on my other bikes.
    Cheers
    Peter.

SteveB

hello,
    i need a pair of sports tyres for my RB , Its going to be on the track at Darley thundersprint and hopefully more trackdays,
    any recomendations since the last post almost a year ago. has anybody tried the new contis ?
    I use Avons on my RD and they were ok at Mallory festival.
    Also what sizes are best, standard or a bit wider.
    thanks
    steveb

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi all – has technology moved on or are Pirelli Sports Demon still good for the 1100R – RB model – so 19″ front wheel.. :confused:

SteveB

Glenn , I use these Avon AM26 on my RB. I find them good enough for trackdays . http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/179673

and they do a Race compound for classic race bikes with 19″ fronts, but I found the standard road version good enough to grind exhausts on floor !

http://www.avonmotorsport.com/historic/motorcycle/am26—roadrider

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.