CB1100RB on eBay Australia

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum CB1100RB on eBay Australia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BrianW

Wout I don’t know how many are here. A fairly good number. Quite a few faired RBs were imported over recent years, but I would guess very few recently – the AUS$ has dropped about 40% since last year! I would have said that RBs are worth more here than RCs and RDs, but there have been recent sales of good examples of the latter around the prices decent RBs seem to fetch. Who knows where the prices are going. I certainly don’t. Most likely up because of the cost of imports? These bikes don’t change hands very often, so it’s not easy to find a good one if you go looking. Cheers Brian

JohnS

Interesting question Wout. My own perception of what I have seen for sale over many years is most are RC or RD.
    I have seen a few replica RBs, but until recently had not seen a genuine RB since one arrived new on the showroom floor at my local Honda dealership (City Bike and Car Sales, Canberra) in 1980/81
    But I think all 3 models command the relatively the same high amount of folding fun tickets for ownership to change in Australia.
    Others agree?

JohnS

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a nice unfaired RB2 myself.
    I removed the fairing and rebuild it as a RB1.[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1485&stc=1[/IMG]

Anonymous
    Inactive

And the special was also a RB2 when it came to Holland in 1981.

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1486&stc=1[/IMG]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Brian. Certainly in the UK we refer to them as RB1 (naked) and RB2 (fairing). I guess this would be due to the factory literature and parts book. My RB is frame # 130, as far as I am aware it is UK market bike and has always had a fairing fitted. I checked all RB’s at our IOM meeting last year and it was the oldest I could find at that meeting.
    Trev

TerryC

Brian/Wout
    I have only seen 2 RB’s sold in recent times one is Darwin for $25k and the other in Banora Point in Queensland he was asking $30k but don’t know what it actually sold for.
    I know of at least 5 RB’s that I know the owners. I have just finished my RC and now looking for an RD to complete the team.
    Just sold my CB750 K2 for $11k to fund the search for the RD.
    Terry

BrianW

Well Terry your search for an RD is over. Nice somewhat original one on eBay now. A snip at $34K. You might have to sell another bike. Or maybe the house. What were we just saying?

As soon as someone puts a bike like the RB1 up at a fanciful price, it brings the dreamers out. The same seller also has a nice example of an RZ500 up for $25K. I’m more familiar with the prices of these. It’s a $15K bike, as he’ll discover in the course of the auction.

Terry, I thought the Darwin RB1 actually sold for about $22K. Could be wrong. Regardless, that was a pretty nice example and perhaps a reasonable buy.

To add to your CB1100RB sales data. I recently sold my surplus faired RB with original exhaust system, around 27K km and needing a few cosmetics for $15K, and a better RZ500 than the one above for $16K. Maybe I sold them too cheap, but I thought at those prices they were fair value.

To put things in perspective, $34K will get you the best RC30 you’re likely to lay eyes on. Much as I love the CB1100Rs, they simply aren’t in the same category in terms of exotic spec, build quality or competition history. I know that might start a lively debate here!

Cheers

Brian

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.