CB1100RC….RH mirror

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum CB1100RC….RH mirror

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter Hunt
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Somewhat fortunately my RH mirror came off in my hand when adjusting it….the internals have obviously vibrated loose and bits are rattling around inside. I can see how I can probably fix it, but without removing the glass it can’t be accessed. I say “fortunately” because it happened as I was leaving my garage and not out on the road!
    So, has anyone had any success in removing the glass? I’ve tried for a while but I think if I use any more force I’m going to crack the glass, or at best damage the casing.
    Alternatively, has anyone got one in good condition they’d like to part with?
    Pic of LH one attached for comparison.
    Many thanks.
    Peter in South Australia

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Peter, here’s a link to a guy on Facebook that’s had them apart..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/534271309922181/permalink/6902920013057247/
    Have posted it on the Facebook members page so you Should see it under the latest news tab..👍

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Peter, here’s a link to a guy on Facebook that’s had them apart..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/534271309922181/permalink/6902920013057247/
    Have posted it on the Facebook members page so you Should see it under the latest news tab..👍

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Thank you Glenn. The hot water trick will help. I received a detailed description for removal from Andre in the Netherlands, was very helpful and a friend and I will be performing the surgery next week…will report back.
    I’m really keen to save the mirror as it’s original and in excellent condition…well it was, and will be again hopefully once I can refit the loose internals haha.
    Cheers
    Peter.

Mario Rovira
    Participant

Please keep us posted mate…. good luck

Mario Rovira
    Participant

peter … webike in japan claims has them…

https://japan.webike.net/HONDA/CB1100R/6570/mtop/?ref=hd_sgg

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Thanks Mario. Yes I have seen those, pricey but they are my backup plan. Repairs will be attempted this weekend.
    Cheers.

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Well the mirror has been successfully repaired. The glass complete with the rubber backing was levered out with plastic wedges and levers…very carefully. The bolt and spring holding the chrome casing to the arm was refitted (the thread was partly stripped in the arm, maybe someone had been in there before) and reassembled. I put a bit of loctite on the bolt as a bit of insurance. Mirror is a tiny bit sloppy on the arm but should be tight enough to hold its position …possibly due to only part of the thread still intact.
    Pics of the internals and tools used hopefully attached.
    Hopefully this helps a bit if anybody runs into the same problem.
    Thanks to Nigel and Andre for their input.
    Cheers
    Peter.

Peter Hunt
    Participant

One of pics was too big to upload, here it is again…the tools used.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    I’m Apostolis new in your Club .I’m in search of mirrors for my Honda CB1100 RD chrome .Does anyone knows ,where I can find a couple?

Peter Hunt
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.