Exhaust clamps bands

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Exhaust clamps bands

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anybody got a supplier for the original exhaust bands/clamps. Or what are you using to replace them
    Thanks Guy

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Guy, I have these made for the stainless replica systems I get made. They come with the complete system but I can get a price in them if you’re interested..?
    Cheers… Glenn

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Glenn Kirkham.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Glenn Kirkham. Reason: Spelling correction
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Glenn
    I was trying to find part numbers 18373-MG5-670 and 18374-MG5-670. The ones you provided with the exhaust were not well built and one has cracked already. Somebody must have come up with another way around it. I also notice that the exhausts mufflers just slide on with no clamping mechanism and I get blowbye and condensation leaking out of the joins which will get messy
    Regards Guy

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Guy, not had clamp issues before so please return them or photograph the cracked sections and I’ll replace them.
    Yes the silencers do just slide on and a certain amount of condensate water will blow out. Most honda systems actually have a small hole at the bottom of the silencer to allow the escape of moisture.
    To stop this you can remove the silencer and wipe a smear of black silicone onto the inserted pipe area. Refit and leave for 24 hours before restarting the motor and it should be fine.
    Cheers.. Glenn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.