festival 1000 bikes 2013

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum festival 1000 bikes 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    SteveB

hi everybody
    I would like to ride my bike round Mallory next year at the festival
    any advice welcome , especially from the people who did it this year
    ie, which group will you be riding in , so maybe we can all be on the track at the same time ?

thanks
    steve

http://www.vmcc.net/1000bikes/2013EntryForm.pdf

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Steve

I’ve just received a message from Simon B who took to the track this year. He has automatically received the paperwork inviting him to apply again for the 2013 event. I would assume that all this year’s attendees have received a similar invite. Garth?, GaryW, JamesR, SimonB, and SteveG all went on the track this year, hopefully they will respond to this post. If you or any other members do want to go on the track places do sell out quick.

Trev

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Steve, it is good to hear that you want to put your bike where it is truly at home – on the track and I can guarantee that you will enjoy it
    On the application form there is a section asking if you have any special requests. I have asked to be put in the same riding groups as the other 1100Rs but I don’t know if this will guarantee we are all put together. If the club are having a pitch like last year is there any weight that the club can put behind this request?
    On the bike front, if it has not been used much prior to the event then make sure it all works with good fuel, drain the float bowls, chain lubed and adjusted – not tight. a good battery, plugs and leads ie make sure it runs well beforehand or you will be mightily ticked off if you are left in the paddock with a dead bike!!. The reall biggy is the brakes, make sure they are not sticking and have plenty of pad material you don’t want brake fade coming into Gerrards or the hairpin. You will actually find they work much better than on the road once they are warmed up
    I run the tyres at 28 – 30psi front and 34 – 36psi rear and you can go lower. This will help warm them up faster and hence get more grip and it is absolutely fine and will not affect the handling. I even ride mine home at those pressures.
    Go at your own pace with what you are comfortable with and maybe keep an inside line at first especially at the hairpin as you don’t want to get tee boned by a fast rider.
    If you have any other questions please let me know. I look forward to seeing you out there
    cheers
    Simon

SteveB

@SimonB 1805 wrote:

On the application form there is a section asking if you have any special requests. I have asked to be put in the same riding groups as the other 1100Rs but I don’t know if this will guarantee we are all put together. If the club are having a pitch like last year is there any weight that the club can put behind this request?
    /QUOTE]
    Simon
    thanks for reply, i have posted form today, i have asked for 3 sessions , and also requested that i be on track with other CB1100R ,s , hopefully they will be able to arrange this.
    see you there, if not before.
    thanks
    steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Steve
    Great stuff, we can set up the bikes after scrutineering, which is dead easy as you don’t have to take off any lights or indicators I just put some tape on them. Oh and get some fuel as it is expensive at the track or bring some in a jerry can if you want to keep the high up weight down – you will get about 25 – 30 mpg on the track
    cheers Simon

SteveB

I have recieved confirmation from VMCC today , i am in group C ( fast road bike group ) rider number 439.
    Has anybody else got theres yet, are we all in the same group ?

steveb

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Steve, did you apply just for Saturday..? Is the 1100R a road bike or a race bike I wonder… :confused:

Cheers.. Glenn

SteveB

Glenn,
    according to VMCC its a fast road bike, although i wasnt planning to ride it very fast around mallory,
    I have got 3 sessions on saturday ,
    i havent applied for sunday , i think thats just for ” proper ” racers on proper racing bikes.
    steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

done a fair a few track days at mallory….plenty of grip …pretty much as simon said…bike in good order…tyres and brakes are the key….you want lots of life in the tyres…no flat spots in the middle on the rear.. would be worth asking what others are using for tyre pressures…some tyres like different pressures.eg. i use metzeler racetecs on my tl1000 and run 28 front 30 rear…but if i use dunlops its 20 front and 25 in the rear…plenty of pad and always worth running some fresh fluid through your brakes…mallory is fairy easy on the brakes…only the hair pin being a hard braking point as edwina’s is not used that weekend…ride at your own pace and build up slowly..they’ll be lots of slower and faster bike/people out there so maybe take mirrors off or fold them in….don’t worry about what’s behind you….you’ve already passed them:)
    main thing……have fun:D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Steve my rider number is 680 in group C. This does not mean we will be in the same track group though as there will be a number of Group C sessions so I guess we will have to wait until June to find out
    cheers
    Simon

SteveB

My paperwork has arrived, i am number 439 in group C.
    I am on saturday sessions 2, 18 , 26
    Also in my sessions are Gareth Roberts and Simon Brockwell
    are there only 3 of us on track ?

steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Steve, yep there is only the three of us that I can see. Shame there are not more but we can show what the bikes were built for which is to ride on the track and it is truly great and safe fun so lets hope it is dry. I look forward to seeing you and the other club members at Mallory on the 13th July and in the mean time I better see if I can ‘squeeze’ into my leathers!!
    cheers Simon

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I’ll be there but as a spectator/photographer. Mallory is such a great chilled weekend.
    Let’s hope we get some sun.

DickH

I will also be in the Mallory paddock but with Ray Knight who will be riding the Hughes Trident….that I found at Bonhams after being missing for 35 years. Hope to meet up.
    DickH

SteveB

i am coming down on friday evening, and staying on site in my tent, hopefully near the 1100R stand.
    see you all then
    steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.