Final drive g/box bearing

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Final drive g/box bearing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,
    You may have seen the question raised on the yahoo forum regarding the
    g/box final drive bearing. It seems that a bearing is not listed separately but comes with a
    shaft and is around £300 if you can get one!
    I’m guessing the 900 bearing is the same as the 1100R and at this moment I’m taking the
    shaft/bearing to work to see if I can get it off or to find a bearing number so one can be located.
    I’m hoping Andre may have done this already and we will get back with some info/feed back.
    Keep you updated. Gary W

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,
    Some of you may have seen Andre reply on the yahoo forum and what he said does make sense.
    First after looking at the bearing and contacting simply bearings it became clear that not only is the bearing very hard to get, but there
    was no guarantee that the snap ring in the outer race would be there or in the right place.
    We also come to the conclusion that the collar what goes up against the bearing (also what the seal runs on) looks like it has been shrunk on.
    This is no real problem to remove but there is a chance of damaging the collar and the bearing!
    So I decided after a clean and it felt ok that it was going back. Shame really as I have changed all the other bearing and that
    one does seem in my eyes take more load than the others. Also strange was that all the bearings in the box are Nachi but that one is
    NTN. Anyway so look after you bearings with regular oil changes and no burn outs. cheers Gary.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.