Fork oil lock separation (how etc etc)

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Fork oil lock separation (how etc etc)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    AndyL

Can anyone advise me on a non-destructive way of separating the parts shown in the two pics below?

The fork stanchion is bent and I need to get all of the component parts out so that i can rebuild with new stanchions, but I am damned if I can work out how to separate it?

ALA_1584.jpg
    ALA_1585.jpg

By the looks of the parts diagram they are meant to separate so I must be just being thick. Any help would be appreciated.

Forklegexploded.jpg

:?

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Andy

I assume from what you say that the bend in the stanchion is restricting you from removing the parts. Since you plan to replace the stanchion why not cut it lower than the bend. You should then be able to remove all the parts you require.

AndyL

Trev,

Its not the bend that is stopping it being separated. Part No 26 on that diagram, is inside part No 10 (stanchion) and Part 20 (oil lock) needs to come off so that Part 26 can slip out of the top. Or at least I think that’s what is meant to happen. It looks like it separates but I can’t see how

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Andy

Is it not just pushed on the bottom? Held in place by the bolt in the bottom of the slider.

I will take a look at the forks I have in the garage sometime but I’m not going outside now as its snowing.

AndyL

@TrevH 491 wrote:

Andy

Is it not just pushed on the bottom? Held in place by the bolt in the bottom of the slider.

I will take a look at the forks I have in the garage sometime but I’m not going outside now as its snowing.

I wasn’t sure if it was mate. Looks like that might be the case but wanted to check just to be on the safe side.

AndyL

It was just a push fit after all that… didn’t want to break it by trying to knock it off if it wasn’t necessary.

😎

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Andy

I’ve taken a look at my RD forks which I have in pieces in the garage. I took these forks apart some time ago to get the stanchion straightened. From what I can see part 20 is still in the bottom of the my slider therefore I assume it must just push onto the bottom of part 26.

Peter Hunt
    Participant

OK, here’s a newb question.
    Not being at all familiar with these particular forks (had the bike just 1 day) how does one drain the fork oil and replace with new oil with the front end intact and on the bike? Is an RC.
    Cheers
    Peter.

PS the 750/4 is dead easy…..but I can’t even find a drain plug on these….

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Pete

I’ve just taken a look at the manual, the drain bolt is part pictured in the diagram attached. Or part 52 in the parts diagram Andy attached.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]673[/ATTACH]

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Thanks trev, I’m starting to get to know the bike a bit now.
    Appreciate your response.
    Cheers
    peter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.