Framed RB Racing picture – for the cost of the postage

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Framed RB Racing picture – for the cost of the postage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DickH

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1759&stc=1[/IMG]

My good pal Ray Knight (now 83!!) used to race an 1100R and he gave me this framed picture the other day – the frame is 10″ x 8″ and the picture is 6″ x 8″. He can’t remember at which circuit it was taken.

I can send it to anyone who will pay the £3 postage cost.

Dick Hodge

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dick,
    I would love to have the photo if it’s still available.
    Thanks
    Andy

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

That’s a great picture. I’ve only met Ray a few times but remember his after dinner speech at both the 2004 and 2014 International Meetings on the IOM. A nice guy with a story to tell.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the photo Dik. I have done a bit of research and suspect that the picture was taken on 20th April 1981 at Snetterton in the Centurion production race where Ray’s bike was No2. Some famous British racers in the starting line up. Kenny Irons, Greg Page, Phil Mellor, Howard Lees and even Damon Hill before he progressed to the world of 4 wheels. I’ve not found out the results yet, work in progress. There was another 501cc – 1300cc supporting race that day also with Ray entered as bike No2. Photo could just as easily be from this race.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the photo Dik. I have done a bit of research and suspect that the picture was taken on 20th April 1981 at Snetterton in race eight, the Centurion production race where Ray’s race number was 2. Some famous British racers in the starting line up. Kenny Irons, Greg Page, Phil Mellor, Howard Lees and even Damon Hill before he progressed to the world of 4 wheels. I’ve not found out the results yet, work in progress. There was another 501cc – 1300cc supporting race that day also, event ten, with Ray entered as bike No2. Photo could just as easily be from this race.

http://daveriley.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/4/5/4845046/snetterton20apr1981.pdf

It is this history of these great bikes that makes them so interesting to own.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.