Gasket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter Hunt
    Participant

Hi all, does anybody have a starter clutch cover gasket or know where I can get one (for a C)?
    Many thanks.
    Peter.

JohnS

Hi Peter, Merry Christmas to you and your family

Really good to hear from you, and yes we never stop finding things to do on the R. I am assuming you mean that left hand side crankcase cover gasket. They are still available from Honda. The part number is 11395-425-306 and cost about $24.00. (which is expensive but thats genuine honda). So its a good excuse to drop into a dealership. 5 minutes at the parts counter and 30 minutes looking at stuff.

Regards,
    JohnS

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Cheers John and the same to you and yours, and of course other members on here.
    Ha, I’m so use to searching on line I didn’t even consider the local dealer, how embarrassing….I will certainly give them a try. Thanks for the response and suggestion.
    Peter.

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Well I was getting some other bits from Silvers, and I’ve discovered they have the gasket (wasn’t listed on website but came up with part number) so including that in the package. Happy days.
    Overhauling starter motor and starter motor clutch….at least I’ll be able to start it!

JohnS

Thats one job on my list Peter. To overhaul starter, by just cleaning and new brushes on the RD.
    But I remember how much of a fiddly job it is getting the starter in and wired. I keep on putting it off.

JohnS

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Starter motor refurbished, installed…..it starts!! Happy days are here again.. 😮

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.