How many are there really left ?

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum How many are there really left ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nat_P

Hi,

It is just a curiosity thing really. How many CB1100R’s do we think are really left in the UK ?

I know this probably doesn’t include a bike sitting at a dealer waiting to be sold, or a box of bits, but the official website is suggesting just 50 remain. 28 sorn’d and just 22 licensed as of the end of 2012 Q2.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/honda_cb_1100_r

If true/accurate, it appears the CB1100R is even rarer than I thought.

It’d be interesting to know thats all.

Regards,

Nat.

Steve Doyle
    Keymaster

I think this survey has been brought before. If you narrow the search down to a CB1100RC, then I have one of only eight, I think club membership throws out of the window!

Nat_P

So how many do we have in the club that are UK registered. ?

Quick insure your bike for £20 K + ….its almost irreplaceable.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would be interesting to know the real figure Nat.

“Official website” ? I don’t exactly know how they get this data but I do know it’s totally inaccurate. I was in contact with a guy that runs a similar site. His data
    showed similar numbers, but bikes owned by Club members comes to more than 50, and I know of at least 10 bikes in existance in the UK that
    aren’t in the club that have passed through Ebay or elsewhere.

Total guess, but out of 400 bikes (or thereabouts) that came into the country maybe half are still out there somewhere hiding in garages. As for the number SORNed
    or on the road I’d guess somewhere closer to 100. Just a guess mind.

The Club data is not currently in a format that makes it easy to suggest a more accurate figure… but I’m sure the Club will tackle that sometime soon to give a better
    picture.

Steve

Nat_P

Hi,

Thats a great guesstimate………….100 left. So as a rough guide of total production if what I have read is right (1050 B models + 1500 of each C & D models produced ) out of a total production run of 4050 there are probably 1000 or so left globaly.( using the same rule of thumb as in the UK ) It makes it a rare item indeed. I am just glad that I have been able to be fortunate to own one and it should prove to be a blue chip investment as well.
    I am thinking of getting a VF1000R as well………………part of the family really.

Regards
    Nat.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve never understood why a bike so relatively rare, well respected with a good race history would pass hands so cheaply (under 5 grand until recently).

Things seem to be looking up a bit in the past year as far as UK valuations go (based on acutal sale prices).
    Prices in Australia where I sold an RD two years ago were twice the price as the UK… and I believe there may
    actually be as many if not more “R’s” on the road over there. You don’t often see them though… being as they’re
    more spread out I suppose ;)

Peter Hunt
    Participant

It’s true you rarely see them out and about here, even on vjmc runs, but I use mine nearly every weekend, weather permitting. I know of another just 5k from my home, but it hasn’t left the loungeroom for 20+ years.

Nat_P

Hi,

I took mine down to a pub that has tuesday evenings as bikers night. ( the Huntsman in eridge between Tunbridge Wells and Crowborough ) . People were all over it………….havent seen one of those for a while…………..Also happen to know that Graham Marshall drinks there and I spent a nice evening talking to him about his glory days of racing them.
    I do try to use mine as often as I can, but have other bikes and other toys so don’t always get the chance as self time at weekends is limited as anyone with a wife, 2 kids and a dog will confirm.

Regards,

Nat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.