import from switzerland

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum import from switzerland

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hi everyone.I am in the 1100r club and have 3 1100r’s – one on the road and the other two needing rebuild.I have come across the opportunity of gtting hold of an RC that needs some work (no fairing,brackets,mirrors etc.as well as some other missing bits.Does anyone know about import duties,Vat etc from Switzerland to the UK chers Pat.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Try the HMRC NOVA site. They’re pretty helpful if you call up and have always been pretty efficient when I’ve used them. I imported a Swiss RC30 but it had already had export papers prepared from Switzerland to Germany (where the auction was) and there was no problem at all. You may want to talk to Chas Mortimer who moves bikes all over europe. A lot of what he moves are race bikes and a lot of these race bikes were Swiss registered for tax purposes so he may be able to help.

Good luck !!

Gareth

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi Gareth,thanks for your feedback.I will do a bit more investigating but would have to say it’s looking more and more less likely that I am going to go for it as I just have not got the time to sort out all the paper work.The guy in switzerland has an RB an RD and the RC without fairing and short of a few bits as well as some other spare parts.The RB from what I understand is complete minus an exhaust at 3K.If anyone is interested,let me know and I will forward his details.- Pat.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Pat. Can you you forward me his details if you don’t want the bike(s). Thanks.

Gareth

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi Gareth,the guys name is Joe and his phone number is +41 61 603 2568.He is on leave in Portugal until the 13th September.He is after 3500 for the RC.From the photo’s it looks like it needs a set of clocks,fairing/bracket,original handlebars.The rest looks like it is all there and in quite good nick.I have decided to carry on with with the rebuild of one of my RB so would not be going for either of his three bikes.Took my RC out for a good run today – these great old bikes never fail to put a smile on my face! Pat.

RalphFK

Does anyone know if this bike still up for grabs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.