Insurance renewal time.

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Insurance renewal time.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    GrahamR

Hi All,

I got my insurance renewal for my RB form Footman James yesterday and as some details had changed I needed to call them to re-quote.
    I asked for a quote for limited mileage and was told £184 but if I stayed on unlimited mileage and kept the R club discount it would be £130.

More miles and less pennies:) I think I have had my £10 worth this year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good time for a “Round Table Discussion” on this topic.

I understand a few members took up the Footman James option last year. Did anyone have more than one bike covered and
    if so was this a significant extra cost ?

I went with Lynbrook last year. $182.50 fully comp. for three bikes with insured values of £5K, £6K, £7K.
    Underlyig insurance is actualy Equity Red Star, including Legal Protection and Breakdown.

I may have to review the bike values this year as there seems to have been a recent bump up in values based on some sales.

DickH

I’ve just switched to FJ at a cost of £219 for the 1100R, my BSA Rocket GS and the old Scott with values around £9k, £8k and £7k. Seems good to me!!

GrahamR

Steve,
    Last year with FJ I had the RB at £3500, Pan European at £3200, 1100F at £2000 and a 900F at £1200 and the fee was £237. I have used a FJ since 2004. They include legal cover, breakdown with European cover and emergency medical cover in the event of vehicle jacking or road rage attack.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Think I’ll give em a go .. my insurance is up this month

AndyL

@SteveG 739 wrote:

Good time for a “Round Table Discussion” on this topic.
    I went with Lynbrook last year. $182.50 fully comp. for three bikes with insured values of £5K, £6K, £7K.
    Underlyig insurance is actualy Equity Red Star, including Legal Protection and Breakdown.

Lynbrook for me too… 1 bike for £108 with agreed valuation. Again, I shall have to review this because of the value of mine when rebuilt and the upward trend in secondhand prices!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also try Peter James Insurance guys. Peter was one of the original founders of Footman James and is now back in the classic game as a seperate company. I have used them for last two years and they are very efficient.

GrahamR

Hi Andy, Just got a like for like quote from Peter James, £79.31 instead of FJ at £130. Thanks for the info. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

renewed mine today….should of rang a few more places…but i get fed up with being put on hold all the time when i’m calling premium numbers from mobile….i get very little time in the day atm…managed to get 2 quotes…..£236 for the 1100R and the tl from carole nash….but went with footman for £211 for both bikes….cheaper than last year….:)

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Just got equal cover for the R and my trail bike from Peter James for £81.95. That £48.27 cheaper than Footman James and it includes an agreed value on the R.

Happy days :o:o:o.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i don’t think my tl is doing my premium any good….lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]819[/ATTACH]

GeoffH

Hi all, insurance quote just in from footman james and i have been with them for over 10years! they wanted £350 for 5 bikes inc. my turbo cbx thats up £150 on last year. I have switched to Peter James for a premium of£190! Also dumped them on my house/contents and saved £100, i had a classic car policy with them as well, thats gone as they wanted £130 more than another company. All i have left with them is my car policy and thats up for renewal in aug. and i bet that will go as well. Complained but just got a load of bull.
    Geoff.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.