Midlands Based Members

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Midlands Based Members

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all!
    I’m Sam from Wolverhampton and have had the pleasure of owning our previous chairman’s RD for nearly 12 years. In that time I have only seen 1 other CB1100R on the road and that was passing in the opposite direction completely by chance! I would like to find some members who are local enough for us to meet up and have a ride out together. I appreciate its a bit late in the year now but for future summers would like to get some contact deatils of Midland based R’s. I can see a user called Pat is based in Telford for example which is about 20 mins from me!
    PS I have decided I will definitely make the trip to Holland 2020! The girlfriend wants to come too providing she gets on ok on the back (still never taken her yet! :D) Very much looking forward to it! I really hope we achieve the goal of 75 R’s.
    Look forward to meeting some more R owners.

WillB

Sam.
    I’m in north Shropshire (Whitchurch) so not far from Wolverhampton.
    I might also go to the big meet in Holland, and I also have CB1100RD, nearing restoration completion.
    New paint, new standard style stainless & coated exhaust system via our club.
    Regards Will
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1921[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sam,
    The Dutch guys will put on a good event. The international gatherings are always enjoyable. Look forward to meeting you there if not before in the UK

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sam,good to see there is another R owner living so close to me.I have an RC which is on the road and that my wife and I will be taking to Holland next year.Would be great if you and Will make the trip.I agree that it is a bit late in the season but as a general rule,We tend to ride until the gritters come out…so we may well be able to arrange a small ride out and if Will is able to join us,this would be even better.Maby meet at the truck stop in Whitchurch? Ill keep a look out on the weather.By the way Will,your RD is looking realy good.cheers guys,Pat.

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Sam, there are another couple of Rs near Lichfield too.
    Too late for me this year but be good to meet up in the spring.
    Have had group details from P&O now on the Hull to Rotterdam Ferry.. return cost looks less than £120 as a group of in multiples of 4..🤗
    As Andy says.. the International events are not to be missed..😉
    Cheers..Glenn

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all, thanks for getting in touch. Pat, I’d definitely be up for a meet up as long as its dry. I had to ride back from the Stafford Show on Sunday in the peeing rain and its really no fun at all. Will, you say nearing completion? Is it on the road or not yet? Pat has suggested the Truck Stop in Whitchurch so that would be very local for you. I can private message you for your numbers to more easily arrange the details. I am free next weekend, either day.
    Glenn, are the other local R’s on this forum do you know?
    With regard to the ferry I’m a bit restricted on time so will do the Friday night crossing and return on the Sunday night crossing. I’m assuming a group booking would mean for that particular ferry?

WillB

Sam.
    My ‘D’ has undergone quite a lot of work, and at this present moment in time is not yet back on the road.
    However, it’s close. I’ve only the fork lowers to remove, reseal and paint, and the front brake system to overhaul.
    After that it’s just a case of fitting the brand new 4-2 exhaust system and all the lovely newly painted bodywork.

Due to commitments to other peoples bikes though (I run a classic bike service & repair business and gauge resto service), completion is more likely to be around February.
    I also specialize in the complete restoration, engine & turbo system overhaul of Kawasaki Z1R-TC’s and I have another three coming into the workshop starting tomorrow.
    All I can say is that I’m so glad I retired a couple of months ago! :D

Yes Lynn’s Raven cafe is only 6 miles from me so we could meet up there and maybe shoot off over to the Ponderosa (horseshoe pass) one day in spring.

Regards Will

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Yes Sam, the discounts are for advance bookings on any group ferry bookings so you could still book a twin cabin if you have no one to share it with. The saving come from splitting/sharing the cabin costs.
    Many of the local R’s tend to use Facebook updates instead of or as well as the Forum – there is some negativity by some for Face book but as long as you bother to set up your own privacy in the security settings Facebook tends to offer a more interactive/better ‘push’ service for updates & notifications.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.