New Member, Chester – UK

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum New Member, Chester – UK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    PhilH

sounds like its gone to a good home Will

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow. If it went for asking price then that is the most expensive one that I have heard of being sold. Amazing.

PhilH

its now relisted on ebay again ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting. Do you know why this is Will?

WillB

Well, I passed on your comments regarding the dealer and bike to him, and it looks like he’s taken everything on board you said and cancelled the deal.
    I will speak to him and confirm.
    Regards Will

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I believe I met this dealer some years ago when he had 2 RD’s one in his showroom and the other a very low mileage bike in storage. At the time I remember he described the low mileage bike to me but when I saw it I remember thinking it was not as good as he described. I do remember bubbling on the tank around the fuel filler. This may not be the same bike but it appears familiar.

To add an answer to earlier question: I believe there is a manufacture date code on wheels:

My RB wheels have 580 and 680. This I believe May and June 1980.
    My RC front wheel has 1281. This I believe December 1981. Unfortunately I can not easily see the rear.
    My RD wheels have 782 and 882. This I believe July and August 1982.

I also have another front wheel to replace accident damaged wheel with 786. I bought this from a breaking CX Turbo, obviously July 86.

PhilH

@WillB 4146 wrote:

Well, I passed on your comments regarding the dealer and bike to him, and it looks like he’s taken everything on board you said and cancelled the deal.
    I will speak to him and confirm.
    Regards Will

from your original post, it appeared that he took delivery of the bike. Did he then reject it due to an unseen fault, or on grounds that it was mis-described ?

WillB

Phil. My friend never went through with the purchase in the end.
    He already has an RD in better condition than that one available anyway, and as he’s stuffed for space at home (he has 60+ bikes already I think) he decided to leave it.

PhilH

@WillB 4157 wrote:

Phil. My friend never went through with the purchase in the end.
    He already has an RD in better condition than that one available anyway, and as he’s stuffed for space at home (he has 60+ bikes already I think) he decided to leave it.

Cheers Will, catch up in the New Year

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.