New Replica Exhaust System

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum New Replica Exhaust System

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi John.
    I have the complete system fitted to mine and the quality is top notch as far as I’m concerned, and the fit is perfect.
    Having said that, I did get an issue the last time I started it up where the left silencer developed a very slight rattle at idle speed, so I drilled the rivits and took the end plate out, had a look, couldn’t see anything wrong, rivited it back in place and the rattle has gone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi John

Yes they are very nice quality Wout has fitted a few sets, send him a message for his feedback as i believe he was the one who approached London exhaust to make them

Keith

JohnM

Hi Lads
    Thanks for the feedback, I’ll have to start saving now.
    JohnM

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi all, quick update on exhausts… good to see that there is a lower priced alternative to the O&S stainless steel replica system. The big advantage of mild steel systems is that they can be painted which is a lot cheaper than ceramic coating. Whilst the O&S system did have some initial problems on a few sets with fairing clearance, none of the later batches of circa 30 sets made do not appear to have had any issues – most of the last batches went out to Australia, New Zealand & Tasmania too.
    I believe that O&S still have a couple of sets available at £860 + postage per system including all the gaskets and new stainless steel clamps – then there is the ceramic coating cost to be added which was circa £300 including carriage to/from Camcoat in Warrington – that was race coated i.e. internal and external coating on the header pipes. Gloss ceramic used to be about another £30 a set. Considering the rises in the price of Stainless Steel now that’s pretty reasonable IMHO.
    Of course the Stainless system does come with a lifetime warranty – but they do need ceramic coating in my opinion.
    Cheers.. Glenn

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just to add another pipe option to the mix – especially for the OZ contingent!
    The CBX owners amongst us will know of Pipemasters in Brisbane who make the stainless CBX 6 – 6 system that is sold all around the world.
    Peter Gray at Pipemasters has just made myself and a friend a set each for the 1100R – mild steel, ceramic coated, they fit well and are of good quality.
    There are slight differences to the originals, but they are very close.
    But they are pricey at A$2400.
    Here are a couple of pics:

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1614&stc=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1615&stc=1[/IMG]

BrettP

GregM

Looking Good Brett

Anonymous
    Inactive

A good looking replica system there Brett. Probably the nicest I have come across from what I can see in the photos. Seams on the silencer welds and the end cover also looks close to standard. Are there rivets details on the end caps? Can’t tell from your pictures.
    Looks like the old adage, “you get what you pay for” is once again true, and in my opinion, a reasonable price for the skills and efforts that have gone into producing them. You would certainly need to pay more than that for a solid original set nowadays, if a set came up for sale.
    Your bike is looking nice. Just out of interest, what is the tyre you are running there?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Andy,
    No, there are no rivet details on the end caps – the difference with the mufflers is that they are slightly larger in diameter than stock, with rear end cap detailing as per a CBX.
    The headers/crossover etc are all as stock as far as I can see.
    The bike was ‘over-tyred’ when I bought it, which I was doubtful about – until I rode it. It handles well with good levels of grip.
    The rear is a Bridgestone Battleaxe BT010R in 150/60 – 18. The 60 section tyre doesn’t help speedo accuracy though!
    Brett

JohnM

Hi Brett
    They look very nice, do you run with the bottom fairing, I am looking photo 2 will that bottom clamp below the crankcase cover get in the way of the bottom fairing.
    JohnM

Anonymous
    Inactive

John,
    I am pretty sure the lower fairing will fit, but I have yet to mount it up.
    These photo’s were taken to text to my mate who at that point had not fitted his set – and they were just a ‘first look’ for him to see how they fitted?
    The lower clamps were all re-positioned with the bolt under the motor, so they cannot be seen, even without the lower fairing on.
    I will probably fit the lower fairing later in the week, and will post a shot when it is on.
    Brett

JohnM

Hi Brett
    Thanks for the info.
    JohnM

Anonymous
    Inactive

John,
    I can report no problems with the lower fairing.
    Here are two pics, with reasonable header pipe clearance visible.

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1622&stc=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1623&stc=1[/IMG]

Brett

JohnM

Hi Brett
    They look like a good fit, thanks.
    JohnM

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.