New Throttle Cables anyone?

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum New Throttle Cables anyone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Throttle cables for our bikes are no longer available from Honda:( and I have seen many questions asking where owners may purchase these items.

17910-MA3-000 Cable comp.A.Throttle
    17910-MA3-000 Cable comp.B.Throttle

I took an original pair of Throttle cables with me to Stafford where I met with the guys at Venhill Engineering Limited and asked costs if they could replicate the cables.

They have now quoted £41 per set but if we can get an order for 10 sets the price is just £20 per set. I would also need to add the postage costs but since the parts are no longer available I think £20 is good value.:)

If you are interested in a set of cables please let me know.

SteveB

£20 for 2 cables !
    bargain, please put me down for a set.
    thanks
    steveb

GrahamR

Put me down for a set please Trev.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i’ll have a set:)

StephenS

Can uou put me down for a set please

thanks

steve

Nat_P

Hi,

I will have a set too please.

regards,

Nat.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Trev,

Good price for a set.
    Can you order 2 sets for me?

Wout.

AndyL

2 sets for me too please Trev

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any news about the throttle sets?

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Wout and Others

I got 12 orders for sets of these cables from the club forum and thought I may get some more once R world went out. Since R world went out just before Christmas I have waited until now before placing the order. I will contact the cable company this week and let you all know how I get on.

Regards
    Trev

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi All

I have placed an order for 15 sets of these cables today and been told they will go into the works tomorrow. We can expect the next update in 2-3 weeks. If anyone else would like to order a set please let me know.
    Regards
    Trev

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi all

Today I received a message from Venhill Engineering. 15 sets of CB1100R throttle cables have been completed and should be posted out to me next week. I will contact all who ordered cables next week with a final cost including postage.

The good news is Venhill will be keeping the dimensions on record so any future orders can be completed without the need for a pattern.

TerryC

Hi Trev

If any left over could I get a set posted to Australia please?
    regards
    Terry Cook

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Terry

No problem. Your name is on the list. I will be in contact later in the week.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I now have 15 sets of these cables in my garage. Although I have only had a quick look I am very pleased. On Saturday I will work out the shipping cost to those who have placed an order and let you know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.