New UK member (Shropshire)

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum New UK member (Shropshire)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    WillB

Good morning all and thank you Steve for processing my membership. A bit about me first, then the bike!

I’m 55 years old near as damn it and retiring next year from my profession as a technical author for Bentley Motors Ltd.
    Aside from authoring for 30+ years, I also run a business designing and manufacturing original look gauge face kits for pretty much every classic Japanes bike out there.
    I also offer my services to other like-minded enthusiasts requiring general service, repair or restoration on their classic bikes at my workshop here in north Shropshire.
    I’ve been in the VJMC pretty much from the day it was formed back in the mid 80’s, and also founded the South Cheshire section many years ago. We as a VJMC section, also hold one of the biggest VJMC section ride-in shows every year in August, and raise £thousands for cancer every year.
    I’ve had bikes since I was 14 and have never been without one, gaining an awful lot of knowledge along the way (though you never stop learning).
    Bikes come and gone include Kawasaki H1, Z500, Z1000ELR, H2C, Z1R-TC (Turbo), Suzuki GSX1100E (many of), GSX550ES, GSXR750F, VS750GL, VS800GL, Moto-Martin Z1, S+S Silver Saxon Turbo (ex heavy metal rock band Saxon’s old stage bike), Harley XLT1000 Ironhead to name just a few.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1837[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1838[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1839[/ATTACH]

Present bikes are a 1985 Honda VF500F2F undergoing a full restoration, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1100C4 (ZZR cams + much more), 1987 Honda VF1000RG Rothmans and my newest arrival, a 1985 registered Honda CB1100RD that was firstly owned by the deceased F1 racing driver James Hunt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1836[/ATTACH]
    I have already ordered a full stainless replica system via Glenn Kirkham which will then be ceramic coated.
    Believe it or not, I can’t believe how light these bikes are compared to the big fatty that is the VF1000R.

Hopefully I can offer my help and services to other 1100R owners and look forward to getting more involved with the club.
    Obviously if I can help anyone with one of my gauge face kits (all models covered, both km and mph) then they will be offered with a generous discount!

All the best, Will Barber.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1840[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1841[/ATTACH]

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Forum Will..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome in Will

Great introduction … many thanks.

Standout comment …. ” I can’t believe how light these bikes are … ” ;)

to be honest I haven’t rode a VF1000R.. let alone try to haul one around a race track.

Not sure if your account on here is suffering the same problem that a number of having.. not being able to access the Club News section. Let me know, and any other anomalies you might come across. The be gremlins in the works at the moment.. :confused: trying to hunt the down.

SteveG

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Will. I’ve been to a couple of the shows at the Bhurtpore Inn. Excellent event. Welcome to this world of R’s.

WillB

Yes Steve, I can’t access the news section either.
    Regards Will

@SteveG 4114 wrote:

Welcome in Will

Great introduction … many thanks.

Standout comment …. ” I can’t believe how light these bikes are … ” ;)

to be honest I haven’t rode a VF1000R.. let alone try to haul one around a race track.

Not sure if your account on here is suffering the same problem that a number of having.. not being able to access the Club News section. Let me know, and any other anomalies you might come across. The be gremlins in the works at the moment.. :confused: trying to hunt the down.

SteveG

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome in the R-owners club Will.
    You will love your new toy.
    The Dutch owners are hoping to meet you and the bike at the international R meeting in the Netherlands in june 2020.

Regards Wout V.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Will
    Welcome to R ownership.

I have recently purchased a set of your gauge faces on Ebay, which I have yet to fit. That’s a winter project bu I have to say the quality looks great.

Trev H

WillB

Thank you Trev. I’ve been doing gauge faces for over 30 years now so hopefully they’re more than acceptable quality.
    All the best, Will

@TrevH 4128 wrote:

Hi Will
    Welcome to R ownership.

I have recently purchased a set of your gauge faces on Ebay, which I have yet to fit. That’s a winter project bu I have to say the quality looks great.

Trev H

JohnS

Nice RD, Will….very interesting ownership history too. Welcome to the club on behalf of Australian Members.
    Cheers
    JohnS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.