Orphaned RB finds loving home.

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Orphaned RB finds loving home.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Andy. I believe the wiring box on the GL and the R are the same part. It’s the lid that is different. The R has a flat lid.
    the brackets may also be a different size, lyou mention some filing. Not sure what size forks are on the GL. However it looks like you have a successful solution. Unfortunately it’s difficult to get a picture without removing my fairing so best you take a look as SPA. With that said I can say the R has brackets with a 6.5cm rest down to the top yoke.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1808[/ATTACH]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@AndyJ 4011 wrote:

Right then, update time. Front brakes rebuilt now. New caliper pistons & seals. New MC piston assembly, new plastic reservoir, new rubber cover for over hose fitting at the MC and new fluid. Bit of a chew on initially as one brake line would not allow any fluid through it. Eventually took the hose off again and found a blockage in it. Bit strange as I thought I had proven the lines clear before the refitting. Anyhow, a thin piece of wire down the inside and problem sorted. So now the bike is back on its wheels and can be moved about again. As it was a nice day yesterday I moved outside for a bit. Very pleasant.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1798[/ATTACH]

Glenn has been asking about replacement lines on his RB. The general feeling is to use stainless with black if you want original looking. I got mine from Busters, they just copied the original lines I sent and supplied lines with swivel banjos. If you look at Venhill they also offer stainless Banjo fitting that swivel this makes fitting much easier and worth having in my opinion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1809[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not much progress on the old girl these last two weeks. Just getting a few more bits and bobs together. This next stage will be the engine getting opened up and a few reliability mods being fitted. I will be installing a modified oil pick up strainer and Brent Hyde’s cam chain guide and tensioner. Will also carry out the primary chain oil mod to allow a continuous flow of oil to the bottom of the cam chain. Will be ordering up new gaskets soon so any advice on these appreciated. Anyone any experience with fitting solid head and base gaskets, i.e. copper or aluminium? Any advantages or disadvantages, availability or non availability? Is it worth it or not worth it for what will be in essence an engine only used on the road?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1810[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1811[/ATTACH]

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Just catching upon your thread Andy, it’s a great & fascinating story – keep it up – Oh and enjoy Spa he says jealosly. 😮

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.