paddock stand

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum paddock stand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    PhilH

was the paddock stand optional for the Bikes, or supplied with the Bike when new ?

I’m asking specifically about a 2 owner RB model, and there are no bobbins present, yet the Bike is super original with all its original paperwork, tools etc

Is there a resource within the Club for a downloadable parts catalogue ?

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

The paddock stands were an extra. My original RB also had missing bobbins.. I suspect they were fitted originally but had been removed.
    Incident. .bobbins on the RB were different to the later RC/RD..😲
    Don’t believe we have any downloadable files/manuals on here.. Parts manual/fiches can be found on the CSMNL site..cheers Glenn

PhilH

cheers Glenn, there are no witness marks, so guess never fitted

I’d like to store the bike on a stand, any links to repro bobbins, and possibly a stand ?

WillB

Phil. Glad you’ve hopefully found a CB1100R at last mate.

Regarding bobbins, I have a lathe in my garage!
    So, if anyone can supply me with the dimensions of both the RB and RC/RD models that I’d be happy to make a load up for club members??

Please let me know. Will

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Will – that’s a great offer – I’ll have root around and see what I have here. I believe the later bobbins to be an improvement on the original RB design so I’m not sure it makes sense to pursue originality at the expense of functionality..? The originals are also mild steel that looks to be cadmium plated and passavated – not sure if that’s even legal these days so Stainless might be an option….?
    What do other folk think..?
    Cheers.. Glenn

PhilH

yes Will, found an RB in Germany, only two owners from new.

I bought it as a non-runner, I think (TBC) it has the loose sprag clutch fault. When I get one of my other bikes off the lift, I’ll investigate

In the meantime, here she is…

46126134025_74cf670775_b.jpg

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Phil

I’ve just checked the parts book and my copy does not list bobbings for the RB only for the RC and RD. These do differ between the RD and RC most likely due the different Swing Arm on the RD. The RC part is Thread-Bobbin-Nut where the RD is Thread-Nut-Bobbin.

PhilH

thats a surprise that the RB did not have bobbins, given its intended purpose ?

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

You’re right.. not listed for the RB..��
    I use a Micron stand that I extended.
    I reverse the swing arm cups and screw them to the bike..I find this safer when putting it on the stand on my own.
    Been struggling to load pictures.. if I can’t load them here then I’ll post them on the Club Facebook page..[ATTACH=CONFIG]1879[/ATTACH]
    Forum days my files are too big so here’s the link to the Facebook post
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2390160097681267&id=517301404967155
    Hope it’s useful..��

PhilH

cheers Glenn, seen the FB link too

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1881[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1880[/ATTACH]

Hi Phil
    Here are the 2 different Bobbings with dimensions used on the 11R. On the RD the square section swinging arm needs more spacing to get the stand cups located. Both would work on the RB as they are the same thread.

PhilH

Trev, very concise – thanks for sharing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.