Paint code for Gold engine casings

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Paint code for Gold engine casings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone have a paint code for the Gold covers on CB1100RD ? Also what’s best method of paint removal as I’m told they are Magnesium.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Afraid their just boring old aluminium Graham. Just another of the myths and legends passed about over the years.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Andy , thanks for info . I’ve had them repainted and used a color code for Yamaha . They are looking nice again and the match wasn’t to bad .

ColB

Hi GrahamG. I’m a new member from Australia. I have a CB1100RD that also needs the Gold Engine covers touched up.
    I’m interested to know what the Yamaha paint was you used and if it’s lasting ok with the engine heat.
    My thoughts were it appears to be Candy Apple Gold like the early CB750 tank colour.
    I found a Brand here called “Spray Chief” that is heat resistant, but I haven’t tried it yet.( ebay ).
    Any ideas and advice please….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi ColB , I used Yamaha 625 with 2% 985 tint added to lacquer . The paint shop said there would be no issues with heat only time will prove if this is the case . I can send a picture when I work out how to or you can give me you’re email address . Best regards Graham .

Anonymous
    Inactive

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1864[/ATTACH] Hi , here’s a pic of the bike in good daylight , I’m happy with result . It was time consuming getting the color match . Regards g .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.