picture of mould footrestrubber

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum picture of mould footrestrubber

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Today with the mould to the producer and did a test,what a nice view see the riubber pop out of the mould. (20kg steel!!) There has to be a tiny modification at the mould to make it 100%,so think that I can let produce next week thursday.

1603918175de9773bde90288314b855bb7a2c87a.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

160392256b442e87af0d1266fda6bbfe1c22fb87.jpg
    this is what it`s all about
    :)

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Wim

You must be very pleased with that result. This looks very good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If the adhesive works as well as the footrest rubber looks then I feel you will be a busy boy and on first name terms with the staff at your post office over the next few months.
    Well done Wim, that is possibly the best R after market part that I have seen produced yet.

BrianC
    Participant

Looking pretty good Wim. Keen to hear updates so I can place my order. I’ve come across two more R owners recently, I will see if they need footpeg rubbers as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@BrianC 935 wrote:

Looking pretty good Wim. Keen to hear updates so I can place my order. I’ve come across two more R owners recently, I will see if they need footpeg rubbers as well.

Thanks Brian,all have to sell some more to get out of the cost so that is welcome.
    Best Regards,

Wim

Steve Doyle
    Keymaster

Hi Wim,
    looks first class product. You can put me down for a pair.
    Cheers Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Steve,let you no.They will soon be ready.
    Regards,
    Wim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are results of testing glue for attaching the rubber to the aluminium.
    I have two type`s of glue,the first one is one component SIKA Sikaflex 252.Look for the technicals at http://www.sika.nl
    There is a produkt data sheet there with all the information.
    I have peeled of some original rubbers from the aluminium and if the nessecary strenght needed is 10,the result of this glue is 12!.Fact is that this glue gets his strenght of the thickness of the layer.That means there have to be a thickness of approximately 1,5 mm.
    Advantage of this stuff is that it is black

Nr two is the SABA Sabaplast 1950 A,two component glue.It is a polyurethaneglue.The strenght nessecary needed to peel of was 10!
    This thickness of the layer glue is aproxemately 0,5 mm,that an advantage.The color is creamy white.And the mixing of the two components is VERY important.

My choice will be the SIKA glue,but will also do one set with the SABA glue.
    Ofcourse both are wetherproof etc etc.

160813412a15d52627cc5767434c2cdbcedacabc.jpg
    I am offering you all to do the gluejob for you,but than there are ofcourse the shippingcost so take that in mind.
    If you do it yourself,be sure to grind of the alu with qualitysandpaper type 80,also grind the rubber to make good attachmend.
    Will put a summary within the package with the rubbers,wen I send.
    Next week they can start produce the rubbers.

Best regards,

Wim

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.