Piston Rings

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Piston Rings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello chaps, the old girl is smoking a bit and having decided to take the engine out to replace the valve stem seals, i thought it worthwhile to check the rings too. One’s cracked and an oil scraper has had better days. Any advice on where to get new rings? CMSNL are out of stock and both Wemoto and David Silver don’t carry them. I need to get her ready for Donington!

Cheers

Gareth

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Gareth

Send member StuartM a message, he had a set of STD rings for sale a while ago, they came from ebay seller Cruzinimage in Japan, i have a set in one of my R’s and they are ok, he is out of stock on his ebay listing

May pay to message Cruzin, he replies quickly in English normally to see when he is expecting new stock

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/83-Honda-CB1100F-Standard-Piston-Rings-Set-4-Rings-Set-Include-CB1100FPR-/261954222985?
    _trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=nI858aYCcVjzd7UNCJuQ4jJuex0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Gareth, the best valve stem seals to use are Viton ones, the ones that come in most gasket sets are poor quality

I buy mine from a member of CB1100F.net called Genesound

http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=75877

Keith

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Gareth
    PM me your address and I will send you the set of rings I have here as they are standard from Japan reseller as Keith said and I required.25 oversize. Only realised when I had the engine stripped.
    Agree on the viton seals, mine came from Holland. And your local Honda dealer is a good source, they have access to a Europe wide part search, found an original base gasket in Switzerland.
    Keith is a great source of knowledge for the rebuild, great support throughout.
    cheers
    Stuart

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cheers Stuart. I got the Viton seals from Keith and it’s amazing the difference between the Viton ones and the low quality ones in the gasket set. Thanks for the advice !

Gareth

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.