Practical Sportsbike Magazine want your R

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Practical Sportsbike Magazine want your R

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Do any of you guys out there fit the requirement below and would be willing to help Chris out and see your loved one recorded for posterity? If so contact him directly on the contacts supplied

Hi Andy,

Apologies for the email out of the blue – I’m the Features Editor for Practical Sportsbikes, and we’re trying to find someone who’s just completed a CB1100R restoration for a feature. I was hoping that you might know of someone, or might be able to put the word out in the club please? We’re after one that’s finished in the last year, on the road and available in the next few weeks, with pictures documenting the build.

I’m happy for my contact details to be advertised on the club forum or whatever – office direct line is 01733 468 396, email chris.newbigging@bauermedia.co.uk.

Best regards,

Chris Newbigging
    Features Editor
    Practical Sportsbikes
    Media House
    Lynchwood
    Peterborough
    PE26EA

0044 (0)1733 468 396

Anonymous
    Inactive

Was anyone able to help out with this request? Are we due to see some glorious Phoenix risen from the ashes in a near future edition?

AndyL

I dunno if they contacted Paul Ashworth or not? I emailed Chris Newbeginning or whatever and he said he would come back to me if they didn’t get any takers

PaulA

Job done yesterday,took the bike for around 5 hours,seen some of the photos and videos they took,prepare yourself for some stunning images of a special machine against the backdrop of the lovely Manx winter coastline.Bike had a few small issues only to be expected with needed tyres and being stood a while,but hey it was ridiculously short notice I was given to drag her out of her winter resting place

AndyL

@PaulA 1777 wrote:

Job done yesterday,took the bike for around 5 hours,seen some of the photos and videos they took,prepare yourself for some stunning images of a special machine against the backdrop of the lovely Manx winter coastline.Bike had a few small issues only to be expected with needed tyres and being stood a while,but hey it was ridiculously short notice I was given to drag her out of her winter resting place

Nice one Paul… are they going to give you some high resolution images that we can use for publicity purposes?

DickH

……and the other R on the Isle of Man was sitting in its nice garage all ready to go…….!!!

Well done Paul.

Dick H

PaulA

@AndyL 1778 wrote:

Nice one Paul… are they going to give you some high resolution images that we can use for publicity purposes?

Once the mag is out I was told I could have copies of everything,the pics really are something else with the bike set against the sea,they also have pics and videos taken on the Southern 100 course

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well done Paul. Looking forward to seeing the B in print.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Paul
    Well done you…..When I had a chat with Chris he said he would like an RB for this article because he was aware of Andy’s RC and would like to use that in a follow up article early next year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Paul,

Great to have another article in print about the CB1100R. You mentioned the need for new tyres. When they did an article with my RB against a Katana and a Kwaka Z1000 back in 2010 they
    got Bridgstone to stump up a set of new tyres for each bike. No new tyres for you this time then?

Steve

PaulA

Steve the answer is no,they did less than 50 miles on the bike,the phone call came at very short notice so there wouldnt have been any time to sort it in time,it had to be done when it was for their deadlines,Manx weather restrictions and my own personal reasons.On the other hand I have just been sent 140 proffesional images of my bike in lovely familiar surroundings and being ridden on local roads in the manner Honda intended so I cant really complain.Oh they did fill her up with fuel before bringing her home

Anonymous
    Inactive

When is the article to be published Paul?

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Paul
    When my bike was used for a photo shoot down at Brighton all I got was a sandwich, I’d have been very happy with a full tank of fuel.

Are there any pictures we could use to advertise the 2014 meeting?

PaulA

Andy as they were in a rush to do the test I assume its for an article pretty soon,the next issue is out on the 19th and according to the current issue will fearure a 916,so maybe it will be in the issue on sale in the middle of Jan
    Trev there are around 140 very high resolution images,to give you some idea the folder size is 1.6 GB,they are happy for me to use them for my own personal use,but have said the resolution must be reduced before they go anywhere public,for example on forums.I intend speaking to Mr Larkin about this at some point.As for promoting the 2014 get together I suppose they would be ideal combining the bike and the IOM as they do .Maybe something to speak to the editor of the magazine about.As soon as we have reduced a couple I will stick a taster on here

AndyL

@PaulA 1792 wrote:

I intend speaking to Mr Larkin about this at some point.

Give me a call when it suits Paul and I’ll talk you through it… an easy way and a boring repetitive way depending on your software and computer skills.

I’m out of the country from 20th to 23rd inclusive mind.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.