RC Front fork air pressure

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum RC Front fork air pressure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone
    As I dont have an owners manual and cant find the info on the Web, can anyone give me the definative recommended air pressure for the front forks.
    I have seen tank decals with different air pressures and dont want to try and put 20 psi into forks that take 6 psi.

cheers
    Ian

PhilH

Ian, I set my RB to 1.8bar, if that helps…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Phil
    I understand that the pressures could be dfferent between an RB and a RC but that is what I m trying to clarify, I think between 23 and 26 psi is the mark but would like confirmation thanks for the reply.

cheers
    Ian

KenA

Hello,
    According to my owner’s manual it should be 14 psi and should be checked when cold.
    There is a note to say that excessive pressure would cause the suspension to become too firm and performance will decline, but it does not mention causing any damage.
    Ken

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Ken I will try 14psi.
    I need to try and get a copy of a manual, I have a clymer that covers a lot but sometimes I need to see correct details in writing in a RC manual.

Thanks for your help
    Ian

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Ian, there are a couple of Bike full manual pdf copies on the Club Members only Facebook page files section..?
    Cheers.. Glenn

KenA

Hello Ian,
    I have downloaded the PDF manuals and they show RB pressures as 27 psi with fairing, 23 psi without; RC 14 psi; RD 0 – 8 psi
    I have an RC, if you have any problems getting the downloads I could forward them to you by email.
    Ken

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ken
    A downloadable manual would be great if it could be sorted, I will pm you my email address.
    Thanks very much in advance.
    Ian

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.