Rear Shocks

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Rear Shocks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nat_P

Hi,

The rear shocks on my RD are probably the scruffiest part on the bike. The red has faded off the coil springs in parts and the chrome on the casing is pitted. I am sure they are past their best, but I am not Joey Dunlop and wouldn’t notice it anyway. Certainly rides just fine. Its more the aesthetics im concerned with .
    Are they rebuildable ? ……….. and if so can anyone recomend where can I get them done . I would like to keep the bike as original as I can . Potentially @ the end of the day I can get some replacement hagons/ohlins/others , but I would really like them red as per how they came out of the factory.

Any help gratefully received as always.

Regards,

Nat.

AndyL

Nat

I’ll have a poke about but I am pretty sure that Andre De Boer has done a full article on how to restore these shocks… I will post when I find it

Nat_P

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. However I am not sure I have the skills to do it myself. Would rather give them to a pro for refreshing.

Ill read the post though, just in case its within skills ( but I doubt it ).

Thanks

Regards,

Nat.

PaulA

think there is something on the 1100f site also,have to admit though it seemed too much of an involved process for me to contemplate

AndyL

Here ya go boys… fill your boots!

http://www.cb1100r.nl/shocks/rearshocks.htm

Andy

SteveB

@AndyL 1713 wrote:

Here ya go boys… fill your boots!
    http://www.cb1100r.nl/shocks/rearshocks.htm
    Andy

Excellent description, have you got one as clear as this for the front forks ?
    thanks steve

ps, could you paste your link into the fork/shock widget page for future reference ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.