Replica vin plate wanted for 1100rd

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Replica vin plate wanted for 1100rd

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SteveB

Hello,
    the vin plate was removed by the previous owner to have the frame re-painted.
    I have heard on the 1100R grapevine at Mallory this weekend , that there is a member who can source a new one for me.
    please contact me via PM.
    thank you
    steveb

AndyL

Steve

A bloke called Max Loosli made some replicas up (I did the artwork for him) and they have turned out really nicely. They are not exact replicas as someone scared him off doing them without the words ‘replica’ running along the silver outside border – personally I think it wouldn’t make a jot of difference but hey ho, each to their own.

What you need to do with them is stamp your own numbers on obviously so you’ll need a full set of stamping blocks… and most importantly they are supplied flat not curved. I have had mine gaffe red to an old frame for months now and it still hasn’t curved to the full extent of the old one. If you have access to some sort of metal roller I’m sure it would be no problem.

I’ll shoot you a PM with his email address.

Andy

See jpegs of the artwork below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]853[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]854[/ATTACH]

SteveB

Andy,
    Max has not got any spare ones left, he is waiting for a few more orders before he gets another batch made, so i am now on his waiting list.
    In the meantime ,i am getting a sticker version made up from a bloke on ebay.

thanks
    steve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140675141156?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1161wt_952

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.