Rotor puller query

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Rotor puller query

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BrianC
    Participant

Gents, Getting this engine apart on my D bit by bit. So far so good, but I haven’t got the barrel off yet. It may be a little troublesome.
    Anyway, the alternator rotor. Books show special tool 07933-4250000. It is in two pieces. Can somebody help with a more detailed description so I can get something sorted?
    The way I see it working is that the internal piece that goes into the end of the crank first has a step which butts up to the end of the crank. The larger outer bolt (18mm x 1.25??) then winds in through the rotor centre and pushes on the step of the internal bit and off comes the rotor. I expect using a straight large bolt might stuff up the end of the crank.
    Can a bolt be used with a spacer -say 3mm thick sitting on the end of the crank?
    Thanks

Steve Doyle
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

The rear wheel spindle fits the Rotor internal thread. Tighten into the rotor and then tap the end with the faithful hammer. Rotor will come free.

Steve

BrianC
    Participant

Thanks Steve. I’ll do something like that then. The description of the tool was leading me to think perhaps there is something special going on, but seems not.
    Jus wind er in and wack it with a hammer. Sounds like my kinda tool.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.