Routine cam chain adjustment

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Routine cam chain adjustment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,
    Would anyone have any advice on how to do the routine camchain adjustment thoroughly? Per the RB owners manual maintenance schedule itsays to adjust them every 1800 miles. I haven’t done this yet not having done many miles but would like tobe very sure on how to do it properly before doing it. The instructions arevery brief in the owners manual- It says to undo the lock nuts and back out the lock bolts one turn andthen just tighten lock the nuts (without mentioning retightening the lock bolts??) I thought itwas usual with these sort of tensioners to undo the lock nuts and back out the lock bolts and thenretighten the lock bolts before doing up the lock nuts? The bolts at the back lookhard to reach. Should you turn the engine over by hand a few times before retighteningthe adjusters? The owners manual doesn’t say and also doesn’t specify a sequence. Many thanks/

Best Regards,

John

MarkS

Hi John,
    if you haven’t done so already you may be better off posting the query on the facebook pages relating to the CB1100R. This forum appears to be very quiet!

MarkS

Not 100% sure, but I expect this is relevant to the 1100R also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llm9yC1IBCI

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Mark, I didn’t know the forum was in two places-that’s a pity as many people don’t or won’t (like me) use facebook but everyone I know uses the internet. I also did think the forum looked rather quiet! I am now thinking to put it into a main dealer and let them adjust it as the owners manual isn’t clear enough, have seen some youtube videos on the subject but none on the CB1100R which I have heard has a different main tensioner than the CB900.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all

A large percentage of the membership do use Facebook and we have provided a page on that platform so they can communicate.

Although the forum is quiet, we haven’t removed it, as there are some members who don’t use Facebook and prefer this method of communication.

There are a few that use both.

The committee takes everyone’s views on board and try to keep as many people happy as they can.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Routine cam chain adjustment’ is closed to new replies.