Rubber footsteps for the R

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Rubber footsteps for the R

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everybody,

I have had contact with a factory about rubber footsteps for the R,they can make them,but have to make a mould for it.
    My question to you all is,are you interested in pairs of rubber footsteps,if there are enough people that are interested the cost for it couldt be reasonable.
    If I wouldt order aproxemately 100 pairs the price wouldt be around 38,= euro for a pair.
    Please let me no if you are interested for a pair or more.
    For myself I take 5 pair so there is a start.

Have a nice day,

Best Regards, Wim

AndyL

As I said over on the 1100f site Wim, I am in for a couple of pairs.

Have you contacted the Swedish and German owners clubs? They usually help to build the numbers up.

Well done on getting it started.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Wim,
    I would have a pair and I’m sure you could send them for me to Andy L and I could tie up with him.
    Great stuff this forum.
    Cheers Gary W

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Andy,sure that I am sending the message.Already did it to the german site but get undilivered mail ,try again tonight.
    Thank you,and hope for the numbers!!
    Regards Wim

Anonymous
    Inactive

How easy is it to remove the original rubber? Is a suitable adhesive available to refit them succesfully?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@AndyJ 359 wrote:

How easy is it to remove the original rubber? Is a suitable adhesive available to refit them succesfully?

I have removed a pair and that was easy to do,I have to ask the manufacterer witch the best is for replacing them.Wen I no this all inform you.

Regards,

Wim

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Wim

I’ve been looking for a solution to this for some time. Had tried to modify 1100F peg rubbers to fit but with little success. Great work Wim.

BrianC
    Participant

I purchased a set of footpeg rubbers from Six Centre for my CBX and was going to see if they could be grafted onto the D. They are a couple of rows of knobs too long of course and they require a mod to the peg as they use bolts into a steel insert in the rubber to fix them on. If I can get correct size rubbers, I’d be happy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,
    Do you think the club should purchase some footrest rubbers!
    This would be a lot easier for Wim than individuals placing separate orders.
    Just a thought perhaps one for the AGM.
    Anyway I guess there must be a downside to this idea.
    Cheers Gary.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Gary

I think it would be a good idea for the club to invest and hold some spare parts. This is even more necessary where big numbers are involved in the manufacturing processes. The issue is there are very few of the regularly needed parts that are common to all three models which does ask the question. What parts to hold if we are to be fair to all members? A discussion point for the AGM.

With that said, Wim has obviously invested considerable time and effort finding this company and I personally would like to see the club offer all the help we can.

Wout has also worked on Clutch kits and RC/RD seat covers. The club have worked with Reproduction decals who can now supply all RB/RC/RD decals. I think the important thing here is that all of these reproduction parts are good replicas. Maybe a way forward is to start a new section on the forum, “Reproduction Spares” where all of these parts can be advertised for sale.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In spite of the fact that I have not the number of interest,I am going to order the rubber pegs.Tomorrow I will make an appointment with the factory and talk to them.It must be possible to deliver somewhere in januari.Keep you informd about that.
    Probebly will sell in the future some pegs,so it will work out on the long term.

Cheers,

Wim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.