seat unit metal brackets + infos

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum seat unit metal brackets + infos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    NiccoloP

Hi all,

I collected my cb1100rd last weekend and i have a few questions

1- found out that the original metal brackets holding the seat unit to the frame and one frame end (pics below) have been remade.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1023[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1024[/ATTACH]

Anybody wanting to make a replica of his brackets and ship it to me? I’d pay all the costs
    other solutions may be:

• sombedy to make a model with plastex of your bracket and I’ll then find the way to remake it in metal :confused:
    • anybody having a spare frame in bad condition for parts? :rolleyes:

2- other info, the sidestand is supposed to be this bent?
    [URL=”http://[URL”%5D%5BATTACH=CONFIG%5D1025%5B/ATTACH%5D%5B/URL%5D

3- the clutch is definitively gone…are the parts to replace it the same from other honda’s (F model?)

thanks
    niccolò

AndyL

Andrea… I hope these help. They are identical lugs, just mirror image.

The only difference between left and right is that the little arms that hold it to the frame are different lengths due to the angle of the downtubes. Pics below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1026[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1027[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1028[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1029[/ATTACH]

NiccoloP

sorry to bother you again, but one of the 2 lug on the ebay ad is completely different from the other, while on the pics you sent me they have only different angles but same shape (like you said they are sort of mirrored)

perhaps one of the 2 on the ad has been remade?

Niccolò

@AndyL 2059 wrote:

Andrea… I hope these help. They are identical lugs, just mirror image.

The only difference between left and right is that the little arms that hold it to the frame are different lengths due to the angle of the downtubes. Pics below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1026[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1027[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1028[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1029[/ATTACH]

AndyL

Andrea, the top one in that ebay ad is for the front of the headstock, not for the side seat mounts.

You look like you would need to get a fabricator to mirror the bottom one for the other side.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

60 Euro :eek::eek:

Geeze… If he had the full set maybe .. but for two odd lugs!! 😡 I’d be hangin back and making an offer much less than half that!

Nicco … I have never seen any of these advertised for sale before now. Interesting that they’ve popped up just as you have found a need
    for them. I would have given you 1000:1 odds of never seeing these offered up separately. Just as well I didn’t. I’m sure you could get some made
    up with some local metal basher from some details photos and sketch drawing with measurements. You’ll need to do this anyway so Eur 60 for the pattern
    is a bit rich.

NiccoloP

That’s a good point Steve… I’ve actually asked the seller if interested in 30 euros, still no answer.
    If any of you can take some detailed pics+measure I’d ask a blacksmith to reproduce them :p

AndyL

Niccolo, I’ve sent you an email with some pics and a drawing. Hope it helps? Look out for a 10 – 12 mb email in your mail box.

Andy

NiccoloP

got it, thanks a lot! :)

TonyB

Andy:
    Any chance of the same pics and the drawing Mate?
    Cheers
    Tony
    aabaillie@yahoo.co.uk

AndyL

Tony

I’ve forwarded the email to you.

Andy

TonyB

Cheers Andy,
    Just need a good fabricator now!.. any recommendations?
    Cheers
    Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Tony , I get a hunch about what you are going to ask me.:<)
    I have had this question also from another member and , so if i am right about this I will see how to do it.
    But as I have sad to you it is time consuming so it will take some time.
    Cheers, I will empty the bottle first…..:)

Steve Doyle
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

I need to make some seat units for my 1100RB replica. I have a mate with a Fabrication shop to make them, but was going to leave it until 1000R was completed, but I can see if he can make them soon if required.

Cheers Steve

TonyB

Hi Steve,
    this is my idea/tghoughts
    Comments please>>>>>>>

Ok .. the challenge !
    I need to fit the seat /side panel unit from my Harris replicxa CB1100R to my CB1100FD Bol dOr.
    I/we have sorted the Tank
    in order to fit the Seat/side oanel unit we /I need 3 brackets making either side like the ones attached in the pictures below.
    My idea was to fabricate 4 of he brackets as shown ( LHS & RHS) BUT where the upper & lower arms of the bracket are welded to the frame on a CB1100R…. for the purposes of fitting the brackets to the CB1100FD frame the upper & lower arms of the bracket have a semi circular piece of tube welded to the upper & lower arms, the profile of the semi circular piece will be slightly greater in diameter than the frame tube that it will attached to.
    The frame brackets will then have a semi circular piece of rubber inserted around the back of them which is liuke a spacer than will fit around the original frame tube.
    The bracket will be held in place by two stainless steel jubilee clips per bracket.
    so that there will be no welding to the frame.
    The two brackets at the rear of the frame are easy to make ( I think for you.. but not for me !!!!)
    Well that is the challenge!
    What do you think?
    Cheers
    Tony

Steve Doyle
    Keymaster

Tony,

If you don’t want to weld to the frame, then the use of rubber lined pipe clamps maybe all you need. The clamp would no around the frame and the seat unit cound be bolted to the clamp. I will look at it when in the Office tomorrow.

Are you down any time soon?

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.