September R World – let’s be hearing from you!

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum September R World – let’s be hearing from you!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AndyL

Hello All,

I’m sending out an email to you all for contributions to the next edition of R World which I would like to get printed by the end of the month.

I have deliberately put all of your email addresses (save mine and the Secretary) into the BCC section of this email to keep your addresses private, so hopefully you will all get this ok?

So, we have had Spa, Mallory, The Classic TT, Cadwell Park, for the Performance Bikes day, and I’m sure many other meetings, ride outs and events etc and it would be good to have some words and pics to cover some of these.

Anybody want to take on the “Most Memorable Moment on My R” feature?

Steve Bostock, I have some lovely pics of your RG500 at Spa… maybe you could knock some words together to describe your outings on the famous circuit for the members to pour over? And your circuits at the Classic TT etc?

Carl Roberts… any updates on your souped up R and how she’s been handling Cadwell etc… plus any technical updates… your dyno run etc??

Aussies… John Hawkes, Nigel Bryan, Brian Connaughton… what news from Down Under? Mr Connaughton scooped a prize at a Classic Show from memory? Anything you can provide us with Brian?

Andre… anything technical you would like to share at all?

Wout… how about an article on your lovely Magni?

Keith… have you done the starter clutch conversion yet?

Just a few notes to set you all thinking.

Ideally I need your correspondence with me from one week today… Thursday 15th September. That would be really helpful.

If you think you might have something, could you let me know? It will give me some idea as to how many pages we might make.

Thanks in advance

Andy

SteveB

Andy,
    please could you put a WANTED advert in the next magazine for me please ?
    Wanted race parts for 1100R Engine, big bore kit, cams, smoothbore race carbs ,Race exhaust. I would like to race my RB next season at classic meetings if I can get an engine built.
    stephen bostock
    phone 07811109485

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Stephen,good to hear someone is looking to get an R back on the track.I have a set of Dellorto PHF34 smooth bores complete with ram tubes.Been off the bike for a long time but i am sure with a clean up would work well.I’m in Telford Shropshire.If you think you could do with them,you can have them – no charge.I have a lot of RB stuff but unfortunately most of it is standard.cheers Pat.

SteveB

Pat,
    I will accept your kind offer ,thank you very much. Will you be at stafford show ?
    I will send private message.
    steve

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Don’t have any race bits Steve but I do have an RD engine of unknown history/condition that I’ve run out of time to investigate this year. You’re welcome to borrow it as long as I get it back in the same or better condition. Will need to get it to you though. .?

SteveB

@PatF 3850 wrote:

Hi Stephen,good to hear someone is looking to get an R back on the track.I have a set of Dellorto PHF34 smooth bores complete with ram tubes.Been off the bike for a long time but i am sure with a clean up would work well.I’m in Telford Shropshire.If you think you could do with them,you can have them – no charge.I have a lot of RB stuff but unfortunately most of it is standard.cheers Pat.

Pat , please can you ring or txt me ,so we can arrange a time to collect. thanks Steve 07811109485

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.