silencers wanted

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum silencers wanted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SteveB

hello,
    as most of you know my 1100rd is fitted with CB1100F silencers, it was my intention to swap them to original silencers sooner or later,
    however i have just started it up for the first time this year and they have rotted through !
    So has anybody got any silencers ?
    new or s/h , std or replicas , mild steel or stainless ,even scuffed is ok
    anything will be considered, ( its not a show bike )
    i suppose the downpipes will go soon, so i will consider full system
    if nothing is available, i might consider a 4-1 as a temp measure.
    my MOT is next month

thanks
    steve

Nat_P
    SteveB

can anybody tell me which 4 -1 will fit onto my 1100RD and allow me to keep the bottom fairing on ?
    or has anybody got any silencers that will fit on my downpipes, the silencers on the bike are 1100F , but i dont know what the downpipes are off .but they are the same as below on the link,
    any info welcome, i have got a month before mallory.
    steve
    ps. Nat thanks for links but i prefer to buy from UK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400348933094?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Steve

O&S Stainless manufacture silencers to fit on the standard R down pipes. Since the original 11R down pipes are welded to the silencers the weld has to be cut to remove the original silencers but it sounds as if your’s have been replaced in the past so should be simple. Roy at O&S is a helpful guy but he doesn’t use the Internet so better to call him.

http://www.osmc.co.uk/exhaust_6.htm

SteveB

thanks Trev,
    i have had my bike out today for the 1st time this year ! and had a closer look , the siencers are actually still welded onto the downpipes.
    i will contact Roy.
    steve

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Steve, Roy is a great guy but sometimes a bit idiosyncratic :rolleyes: so he might well steer you my way to sort out for you – se how you get on.. :-) Roy is right though you will have to carefully remove the old cans by making a ‘careful’ cut about 3 cm’s up from the original welds and then grinding off the exess – your original downpipes can also be ceramic coated internally & extenally to preserve those – although from my experience the downpipes quickly follow the silencers in the rotting stakes….

Nesarly forgot – the neata 4 into one will fit but needs a section of the lower fairing to be cut away to locate the collector box. I have one in the garage if you want it…?

Cheers.. Glenn

SteveB

Glenn,
    looking at my pipes ,I think i will end up having a complete set. I dont think it is a good idea to weld new stainless silencers to rusty mild steel downpipes.
    I dont really like the idea of cutting my fairing ( unless its only a little cut ! )
    I am hoping my tatty pipes will last until after Mallory ,then i will have to get them sorted properly.In the meantime please could you tell me how much are your neta pipes
    could you bring them to mallory ?
    thanks
    steve

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Have sent you a PM Steve.. :-)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.