Spa 2017 Biker’s Classics

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Spa 2017 Biker’s Classics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1816[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1817[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1818[/ATTACH]

Well, another enjoyable trip done and dusted on the big beastie. Circuit de Spa, Francorchamps in Belgium the destination this time for the huge classic weekend that is the Biker’s Classics.
    Weather not particularly kind to us this year though, dusted is not perhaps the best term as we saw little dust. Only 14 degC at the start of July and a little damp to boot. But still a good turn out of Dutch and UK Rs for the Saturday with just the UK guys making up the numbers on the Sunday.
    Using “Le Tunnel” to cross the ditch to France was a first for me. A very slick operation and some feat of engineering. Our accommodation was a lovely old house in the town of Spa itself, full of character and quirkyness.
    Thanks to my road companions Trev and Steve, I didn’t even need to worry about navigating and just followed the bike in front. The bikes mainly performed well. A battery issue for one of our party was soon sorted at the circuit thanks to the assistance of a bearded German named George who was campaigning a couple of CB750 based bikes at the event. My own RC occasionally started running on three cylinders but I am still to get to the bottom of this issue. A failing plug is my first thought though. It was great to meet up with friends of old and also meet new folk involved in this world of Rs.
    I would say that the R movement is in good health at present. The bikes again attracted lots of attention from the general biking populous and the actual R owners are all still incredibly passionate about them.
    Have fun guys.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great to see so many Rs at Spa and what a great display too ! Shame about the weather on the Saturday but it is still a fabulous event and a unique circuit. Here’s to next year…

Gareth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.