Stafford classic bike show

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Stafford classic bike show

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the club having a stand at this year’s show. 18th and 19th October?

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

We have stand B114 where there will be Tea/Coffee and a biscuit for all club members who visit.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent Trev. After a bit of a hiatus in previous years I am hoping to be able to get there this year. (Sure I’ve said that before) :rolleyes:
    Anyhow, I am looking forward to it and will certainly be up to see you guys. Also I intend making a cheeky little visit to another display, if they have a presence this year, of one of Hondas other finest iconic models as I’ve just put an even bigger beastie in the garage last month. A lovely 1976 GL1000. She is no R, that’s for sure but is a hoot to ride, like a great big comfy couch on two wheels and I just love the lazy laid back riding style that she imbides. Karen loves it as well, much comfier than the RC and no 4500rpm vibes.

PaulA

Andy I quite fancied an early Goldwing a while back and went to see the club stand at Stafford,to say those guys are keen is understating it,I couldn’t get away
    Lets see a photo of the “couch”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here she is. Also came with an original seat.
    [IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1405&stc=1[/IMG]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Looks sweet Andy. Mind that Tax disk holder is a bit modern on a bike of that age, still no need for it at all now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are correct on both counts Trev. Offending article now removed. Shame about the demise of the old tax discs in some respects, yes, not really necessary in this electronic age I accept, but always nice to receive a bunch of them when buying a used bike.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Andy, I agree it’s a shame about the demise of the tax disk. It always made me feel good to know I had a fresh new disk on the bike each spring. Since I heard of the idea of electronic tax I purchased a 1982 replica for my bike. I know it has no value but it does make the bike look as it did when new. These are apparently authentic, so in 1981 it was only £20 to tax an R for a year.

Am I an anorak or is it an age thing?

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1408&stc=1[/IMG]

PaulA

Maybe you’re an old anorak Trev

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Nah – my money’s on the ‘age thing’…. :p

See you all At Stafford hopefully along with the Raffle prozes that ‘money just can’t buy’… 😮

DanielB

Trev,

Thought you might appreciate this (being an anorak and all) disk I got with a Honda 400/4 I run, its from 1977 so its not quite as good as a first year disk but its not bad!!

This proves you can be younger and also an anorak. :)

Cheers
    Dan

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1412&stc=1[/IMG]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Dan

That’s a genuine part of your bikes history. Was that the last time the bike was used?

A girl friend of mine had a very original 400/4, she had the F1 with the rear footpegs on the swinging arm. When we bought it, it still had the front number plate fitted on the front mudguard but it was a great bike and great fun to ride.

How’s life with the little one? She must be getting around on her own by now.

DanielB

Hi Trev,

The bike is MOT’d and taxed each year, when I got it I opened the tax disk holder which contained the previous disks from the last owner from 1982/1990/2008 which is nice… It doesn’t do many miles but it feels eager to rev considering its age, and feels much lighter & quicker than the 1973 500/4 I use more often… For some reason the 500/4 is a lot of fun as its heavier and takes more effort to ride fast (up to 70mph that is) compared to the 400 (its an F2).

She’s doing good thanks, not walking yet but we’re happy knowing we can go out the room for a couple of minutes and come back and she’s in the same spot… Stair gates to follow! Looking forward to when she’s old enough to show her the TT or the classic TT … gutted we couldn’t do this year. Maybe she can use the 400 when she’s older.

Cheers
    Dan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.