Technical question regarding C & D model fairings

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Technical question regarding C & D model fairings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nat_P

Hi,

I know C & D model fairings are different colours, but are they interchangeable ?
    Colour aside are they the same ? Will a C fairing fit a D ?

Regards,

Nat.

DickH

Hi Nat,

The D fairing needs a D fairing frame abd the C fairing needs a C fairing frame – both of which are not easy to source.

I know, as I had exactly this problem many years ago when the parts were available.

Everything else, apart from the screen, is the same – if my memory serves me correctly.

Dick H

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think there’s a correction there…

The lower fairing is the same, the upper fairing is not interchangable. The RD fairing is actually quite a bit shorter in length than the RC.

So NO! the upper fairings on the C and D will not interchange, but possibly with a RC frame you could get the RC fairing on an RD .. but dimensions
    around the clocks would all be wrong so I imagine it would look like a right dogs breakfast 😮

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Nat

The RC and RD dash and clock mountings are also different.

Regards
    Trev

Nat_P

Hi,

Thanks, so to sum up, the lowe fairingr is interchangeable , the top is not.

Thanks that helps.

As always thanks for taking the time to educate me.

Regards,

Nat.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Nat

It appears even Honda got this Fairing stay wrong.
    I have a photocopy of the parts book copied for club members which originally stated the RC and RD fairing stay have the same part number; however this has been corrected by someone stating ERROR in big letters.

RC Fairing Stay 64510-MA3-770
    RD Fairing Stay 64510-MA3-850

Next to both of these part numbers it is written £162.16. I purchased this copy in 1993 so I don’t think Honda will have a fairing stay at that price now.

DickH

That was me!!! My first 1100R was a crashed RD which I rebuilt but the top fairing that I bought was an RC one – so the solution to fit it was to buy an RC fairing frame and give it an RC top fairing but painted as an RD.
    I guess that the bike must still be around somewhere….??
    And that’s why I didn’t have any issues with clocks or whatever.
    When I did the original Parts book for the Club, I remember making this correction and price note.
    Dik

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.