The time has come…..my 1983 CB1100RD is for sale…..after 18 years. £10,950

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum The time has come…..my 1983 CB1100RD is for sale…..after 18 years. £10,950

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DickH

HONDA CB1100RD 1983 – For Sale
    Frame: SC082100905 Engine No.: SC05E2200284
    RARE EXAMPLE – IN ORIGINAL CONDITION !!
    The 1100R was one of the most successful homologation specials and best looking bikes ever put out by the Honda factory. The RD is the ‘bling’ model with Pearlescent paint and gold engine covers and wheels etc. No wonder their price was 50% more than any other bike on the market at the time.
    It is a modern day classic.
    I helped to start the Honda CB1100R Owners Club back in 1991 and have been an 1100R owner since the late 1980’s. At one time we had 3 in the family!!
    I purchased this bike in 1996 from its previous owner – a Club member from Ireland. It bike was my Show bike (and not my everyday 1100R) until 2004 when I sold my ‘everyday’ bike to Steve Gardner – the current Club Secretary. Living in the Isle of Man meant that there was little point in keeping two 1100R’s.
    THE BIKE
    This bike is almost 100% original – let’s say 99.9%. It has been kept, for the last 18 years, in my double brick and carpeted garage and the IoM, whilst often wet, tends not to get extreme hot or extreme cold. I never ride in the wet if it can possibly be avoided..!!
    The speedo shows 2,654 miles but these miles date from July 2000 when a new speedo was fitted and the old speedo showing 15,200 miles was put onto my other 1100R. So, it has covered 17,854 miles in total.
    The left, round small engine cover has been repainted in gold.
    One exhaust has a small weld repair underneath. There are a couple of very small stone chips on the front fork legs and also on the top fairing.
    The inside of the lower fairing has insulation pads to stop any paint burns from hot exhaust pipes.
    It has gold anodised tyre valve caps and a gold tax disc holder.
    The battery was fitted in 2004: Odyssey PC310 but included will be a new Deka ETX15L-BS (CCA: 210Amp) purchased in May 2013 but never needed to be fitted yet.
    The tyres are Michelin Macadum tubeless radials. Front: 110×90-18”, Rear: 130×80-18”
    Work on the bike has been limited to normal servicing maintenance plus extra items such as new carb inlet rubbers in 2008 and a full brake service with new seals in 2010. The engine oil is Q8 Moto SBK 10W-40 semi synthetic 4stroke.
    I know of no issues with the bike; no leaks of oil, hydraulic fluid or petrol etc.
    In all other respects, the bike is as original.
    The bike carries the IoM registration 1100 MAN which I will sell separately.
    The bike will sell with:

• Full fabric Toolroll, original unused tools and Pressure Gauge. Plus the original leather toolroll suitable as a pattern to make some replacements for any interested Club members…..this seems to be a very rare item indeed.
    • The new Deka ETX15L-BS battery – never fitted.
    • The original Honda plastic documents wallet with the Honda RD manual and the second key.
    • Solid paddock stand – no wheels.
    • Dust Off red cover sign written ‘Honda Racing’ with one small hole when it was put onto the bike when still hot!!
    • A4 Parts Listing

REASON FOR SELLING.
    Having now passed my 70th birthday – it is too much bike for an old man!! I shall keep my 1928 Scott and the little Honda CB250. It needs a younger owner who will use it more often.
    It has won various trophies when displayed at Bike Shows…….
    The purchaser will have the option to buy, at extra cost, a brand new RD exhaust system that I purchased many years ago – just in case. The purchaser will also have first option on some valuable and rare spares such as gold engine cases, mirror, footpeg etc.
    PRICE: £10,950
    I remember having to swallow very hard when I paid a high price for this bike which was the best that I had ever seen back in 1996..!! I’ve never regretted owning one of the best 1100R’s!!
    You can either bring a van over on a day trip from Liverpool and be back by 6pm or wait for me to come over towards the end of April.
    I guess that there is the option to buy it NOW and ask me to keep it for you to use in the IoM in August at the MGP Races…if you can wait that long!!
    Decide now – as, in my view, you will have to wait for a very long time for anything similar…..

Dick Hodge Tel.: 01 624 611411
    Email Dick{at}Hodge1.co.uk for more pictures – but they will all look like a new and standard RD..!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1254[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1255[/ATTACH]

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Sad to hear that Dick – must feel like losing one of the family matey… :-(

Cheers.. Glenn

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Dik, I still remember the first time we met. Up on the mountain on the TT course you were on the RD and me on my CBX550. I could only dream then that I would one day own an 1100R.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.