Thundersprint 2012

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Thundersprint 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Frank Melling, organiser of this event sent this reminder for any R fans who may like to participate this year.
    I do not think we have an official R prescence there yet but if a few would like a meet up on the day then let your interest be noted here also.

Date of this year’s Thundersprint? It will be held over the weekend of Saturday and Sunday May 12/13 in Northwich town centre, Cheshire. Admission is free, as is parking and grandstand seating.

We have excellent camping and there are still a few places available in the Cavalcade. I enclose details of both of these activities.

Here is a press release giving some further information or if you would like to contact me directly I would be pleased to speak with you.

My e-mail address is: frank@thundersprint.com and my ‘phone number is 01928 740 498. There is a lot of information about the Thundersprint on our website which is http://www.thundersprint.com

Thank you for your help in this respect.

Frank

Northwich Town Centre May 12/13
    Free Admission and Free Parking
    http://www.thundersprint.com

Thundersprint 2012 – May 12/13 Northwich Town Centre

Europe’s biggest classic biking street party will be held over the weekend of Saturday and Sunday May 12/13 in the pretty market town of Northwich, in Cheshire. As in previous years, the Thundersprint offers completely free admission, free parking and free grandstand seating for spectators.
    Saturday 12 May will see the Thundersprint Bike Show right in the centre of Northwich town next to the Memorial Hall. There will be classic and modern bikes on display, test rides, a huge trade area and bike safety information.
    There will be appearances by star riders throughout the day including BBC TV’s Steve Parrish, six times World Champion Jim Redman and European champion Sammy Miller and his iconic Moto Guzzi V8.
    The Thundersprint itself takes over Northwich on Sunday May 13 with all the stars in action round the tight town centre track. There is a fantastic international entry of modern and classic riders including French star Philippe Hanus with his incredible six cylinder Honda, Sammy Miller riding the Moto Guzzi V8 and Jim Redman in full race action aboard Clive Brooker’s immaculate Honda CR750.
    In support will be over 100 top British and European classic racers.
    Lunchtime sees a giant cavalcade around the town centre followed by a Spitfire aerobatic display.
    Away from the racing there is a mile of trade stands including exhibitions from major motorcycle manufacturers.
    A feature of the Thundersprint is outstandingly good food at reasonable prices and free street entertainment.
    Spectator admission is completely free of charge and parking, in council controlled car parks, is free of charge. Grandstand seating is also free of charge.
    Excellent camping, with showers, toilet facilities and on site food, is available for the whole weekend at £30 per pitch, regardless of the number of people in the tent, or for Saturday evening only at £20.
    For more information visit http://www.thundersprint.com or ‘phone the event hotline from 9am to 7pm on 01928 740498.
    For more information e-mail info@thundersprint.com or ‘phone Frank Melling on 01928 740 498

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

I have an entry…:) Had one last year too but had to cry off to go chasing a job in London scheduled 1st thing the following Monday.
    Somehow I still managed to come 2 nd to last in the modern classic category…?

I have another entry this year so if there’s pit crew spare we could put on a ‘bit of show’…?

Cheers.. Glenn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.