Update Footrestrubbers RC/RD

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Update Footrestrubbers RC/RD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all,

Finally I have given the order to make the mould for the footrestrubbers,have had problems with someone who promised a lot but turned out to be a big A.H.LE (ssst ashole).Kept me hanging on for some time.
    I an very very glad that this thing turned out fine now,and have a good engineer for the job.
    It takes aproximately six weeks to make the mould and after that the footrestrubbers can be produced
    The manufacterer will provide advice witch glue to be used.

Keep you informed.

Best regards,

Wim

AndyL

Excellent work Wim… well done mate

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Good Job Wim. Looking forward to these.

TerryC

Hi
    Will they be able to make rubbers for the RB model?
    regards
    Terry Cook

Anonymous
    Inactive

@TerryC 563 wrote:

Hi
    Will they be able to make rubbers for the RB model?
    regards
    Terry Cook

Hi Terry,
    Sure that`s possible,if there are enough interested it can be done.But thing is that there are less RBees than RC/Dees and for these it was a narrow mission
    All have to sell some more in the future to get the money back.The advantage is that on a surten moment there is a point of break even,maybe the next year or later.
    So I think that it will be dificult to succeed on the RB.
    But I promise you that wen a become millionare,the footrestrubbers for the RB will be made.
    Best Regards,

Wim

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Terry

Unfortunately 1100RB footpeg rubbers are molded onto the footpeg and the footpegs are now unavailable. However it is possible to purchase some CX500 Turbo or CB1100F footpeg rubbers which can be fitted with a plate and bolted onto the RB footpeg, if you first remove the old rubber and drill the footpeg.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB1100FD-SUPER-SPORT-1983-EUROPEAN/part_52486/

Alternatively the CX500 Turbo footpegs will fit the RB mounting if you can find some at the breakers. I have these fitted to my RB and only a true R enthusiast would know the difference.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.